Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CleanAir APs frequent client disconnection

iskoy.istem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is anyone experiencing frequent disconnection on CleanAir APs. installed 2 cleanair aps, aironet 1550 in bridge configuration. in the vicinity there co-exist ubiquiti brand APs around 3 units. i have done frequency survey and configured channeling on the AP such that the channel overlapping is less. i have turned-off 1 ubiquiti AP to really clean the environment. i am experiencing frequent disconnection in every 15 minutes. so i have to reconnect and its irritating. i have seen on the error logs "WiFi invalid channel". i think the disconnection is due to possible interference.

to those who have succesfully installed cleanair aps, please do feedback and howd you solve the problem. my configurations is basing on what i have read on the configuration guide.

9 Replies 9

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well since you have a bridge setup, maybe setting the channel channel would be better. This way it will prevent the bridge from deciding and changing which will cause intermittent issues. You just need to look at the logs and see what frequency is clean enough on the 5ghz.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott,

with a recent deployment, around 10 CleanAir APs in a building, i have encountered the same problem. clients are complaining for frequent disconnection. the set-up is mixed mode. old existing APs are used and is operating side by side with the new CleanAir aps. i have seen in the logs that WiFi invalid channel detected. can you elaborate what this is? around the area, there are many rouge APs some are detected around -36 dBm. does lowering the transmit power lessen the problem? when Interference level is violated, will the ap de-auth its currently connected client?

Ah... Well CleanAir should only be enabled when all AP's are CleanAir. In a mixed environment, CleanAir should be disabled.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Here is another post on CleanAir

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2110394

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

thanks scott,

that was i was thinking, CleanAir APs can co-exist with 11g APs, but you just have to disable the EDRRM

Just also be aware of 802.11n and non-802.11n in a mixed environment.

https://communities.cisco.com/message/87079

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

You mentioned users are seeing disconnects, have you actually seen these for yourself? Also, do you have session timeout enable? Perhaps this isnt a interference issue but rather a client issue maybe ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Yes i have seen it that there are disconnections in almost every 15 minutes. by the way auth is via 802.1x.

If its still an issue after you disable ED-RRM. Then look at the logs.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: