Views
Helpful
Replies

Ironport c160 cluster problems

larasanz15
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have two Ironport C160 in cluster mode, tonight one of them has stopped working, and I can not access this on, but it responds to ping.

In the system log I found only the following line:

Mon Mar 12 15:30:39 2012 Warning: Error connecting to cluster machine xxxxx (Serial#: xxxxxx-xxxxxx) at IP xx.xxx.xxx.x - Operation timed out - Timeout connecting to remotehost cluster

Mon Mar 12 15:31:09 2012 Info: Attempting to connect via IPxxxxx toxxxxxxxx port 22 (Explicitly configured)

My version is:6.5.3-007

What I can log to find the cause of the problem?

How I can find out what the problem?

How can you solve?

Thank you very much

3 Replies 3

Andreas Mueller
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Lara,

have you tried to connect directly to the faulty appliance with a serial cable? Probably a problem with the hardware, in either way, if you cannotaccess it any more, open a ticket fiwth customer support to have the appliance replaced.

Regards,

Andreas

seokkeun cho
Level 1
Level 1

it is hung the appliance

if you can access appliance go to comand "queuereset" after applince to rebooting

and you can look up os buglist

i know bug list ver 5.5x to interface card bug

so hung the appliance

i resolve os upgrade to the appliance.

Well, "queuereset" is not a valid command, what you mean is "resetqueue", which I would strongly not recomment  to use without having a very good reason.Because this command removes all messages from the workqueue, delivery queues, and quarantines. There are usually less destructive ways to fix a cluster problem.

BTW, version 5.5 has long been gone, so we won't need to reference any bugs from there any more.

Regards,

Andreas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: