Can I get some advice?

Unanswered Question
Mar 12th, 2012

We are running CUCM 7.1.5 and Unity Connection 7.1.5ES33. What I am looking to do is build a schedule for a location of ours overseas.

During business hours, the callers that reach the main CallHandler (82XXX) are to listen to the Standard greeting, and the list of Caller Input options available to them. This CH uses the standard "All Hours" schedule and has worked fine in the past.

What the users now want is for afterhours calls to 82XXX to be routed to alt extension 60XXX (which is a generic mailbox). This 60XXX mailbox is listed as a Caller Input option from the Callhandler and works currently.

I built a new Schedule and marked the open hours as 08:30 to 17:30 local time. I applied this new schedule to the original Callhandler, and updated the transfer rules so that "Closed" is set to transfer to the 60XXX mailbox.

Status

>Enabled With No End Date and Time

Transfer Action

>Transfer Calls To:

>>Extension: 60XXX

Transfer Type

>Release to Switch

Testing this, both during and after the business hours locally at this site, all I reach is the main 82XXX greeting, and the listed Caller Input options, which repeat.

I am not sure what else I would need to configure to have this call route as expected during and after hours.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Chris Deren Mon, 03/12/2012 - 13:13

why do you have it set to release to switch and not send to greeting?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

gerstnc@yahoo.com Mon, 03/12/2012 - 13:24

Transfer Action

>Transfer Calls To:

>>Extension: 60XXX

I tried sending to Greeting, there was no change.

Transfer Type

>Release to Switch

The other option for Transfer is "Supervise Transfer". I didnt try the supervise option, as I wasn't seeing the call route this far anyway,

William Bell Mon, 03/12/2012 - 13:29

Understood. What I was thinking is that you would send the caller to the greeting for extenion 60xxx instead of attempting a transfer (which attempts to send the call back to cucm).

-Bill

William Bell Mon, 03/12/2012 - 13:28

I am with Chris D. on this one. I would think that your after hours ("Closed") option would go to the greeting for 60xxx instead of being transferred to the extension. If 60xxx is an actual DN that forwards back to VM that would explain the loop you find yourself in.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

gerstnc@yahoo.com Mon, 03/12/2012 - 13:55

To clarify, I have tried transfering the calls to greeting. There was no change in the call flow.

I also put the transfer action back to trasnfering to the extension, and supervising the transfer. This also did not affect the callflow.

Chris Deren Mon, 03/12/2012 - 14:44

Are the call handlers in proper time zone?

Can you post the screen shot of the Closed Greeting page for the main handler?

is the call handler that is used for Closed option define in All Hours schedule?

Chris

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted March 12, 2012 at 12:58 PM
Stats:
Replies:6 Avg. Rating:
Views:276 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard

Rank Username Points