cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2 runs very slowly

MARK GRABER
Level 1
Level 1

I installed Cisco Prime LMS using the small server (up to 500 devices) virtual appliance OVA.  It was set up with the standard settings for the OVA - 2 vCPUs, 4 Gb RAM, and 256Gb disk.  Web interface is very slow.  I have less than 200 devices.  What should I tune/check for to improve performance, hopefully without having to dedicate more compute resources?  Could this be an issue with my browser or version of java instead of the server?

20 Replies 20

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I haven't used the appliance OVA but 4 GB of RAM seems quite low. If it were a Windows server, I would run double that.

The server seems to be running great - time for activities such as a User Tracking major acquisiton are quite short.

I did both simplify Java so that only 1.6.0_24 (the one that comes on the OVA) is on my machine and turned off the Windows firewall and performance has improved greatly.  It seems like Firefox is a bit more responsive than IE.  Has anyone else noticed this or have any additional tips?

Hi Mark,

TRY THIS :

1. For LMS getting started page:  Disable the launch of Getting Start page by default (as the first page after log in). Follow the below steps:

a. Open the properties file name “gs.properties” under the path /<>/MDC/tomcat/webapps/cwlms/WEB-INF/classes/com/Cisco/nm/gs/ui

b. Update the field IS_DEFAULT_PAGE as “false”

c. Clear the browser cache and login-in(Daemon restart not required)

I hope this will help

Thanks

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

This workaround works for me.

Thank you

Hi Jan,

That's great

If this post answers your question, please click the "Correct Answer" button"

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi, We have the same behaviour.

The login page can be quickly access but once the credentials entered i can wait minutes before having any page displayed.

We have deployed Prime 4.2  Small licenses(less than 500 devices) and have less than 200 devices configured. The virtual server seems not overloaded.

How can we improved the navigation ?

Cheers

Hi,

we see the same issues with a very slow login page in LMS4.2. We upgraded our LMS test system from version 4.0.1 -> 4.2, the DCR was empty at this time. After entering the login credential we have to wait up to 10minutes before we can see the start page. After seeing the first page, the web performance is similar as before.

With version 4.0.1 this problem wasn't present.

We tried it with several ClientOS (WinPX and Win7) and different Browser version (IE8.0 and Firefox), the behaviour is always the same.

Regards

Hendrik

Hi All,

I have exacly the same problem, i had installed LMS4.2 few weeks ago (27 march 2012). work well after .

And when i come back on my customer wenesday 11 april, i have this problem.

No changed was doing on LMS, but some window update on server.

Best Regard.

hgans
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

same here with one of you customers on a OVA installation.

In my Windows 2008 lab installation I don't have this issue until today...

Are you using TACACS / Radius or local Authentication?

Looks like a TAC Case is necessary here...

keep us informed about any progress on your side

thnx

Herwig

KAROLY KOHEGYI
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

We have a same problem !

It will be unusable !!!!!!!

LMS 4.2, Windows 8, VMware !!

Does anybody read  this from CISCO ???????

Regards,

jankleinhans
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we have installed LMS 4.2 some days ago. Now we have the same problem.

It's the OVA 1500 devices on Vmware Esx 4 with 8 GB of RAM. CPU and RAM usge is fine but you have to wait 10 minutes or more after logging in. No difference of using http or https.

Has anybody a solution for the problem or did anybody open a TAC case?

Regards,

Jan

Hi all,

I opened a TAC Case about the issue 5 days ago. The TAC engineer confirmed that he has several cases with this issue.

But unfortunately there isn't a solution yet. They tried to reinitialize the LMS databases and checked if there is an issues around local DNS resolving.  But all this wasn't helpful, the problem is still there. Currently the development is involved to analyze the logs we provided.

Regards

Hendrik

MARK GRABER
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone experienced this issue with a Windows server or is this just a problem with the VMware OVA?

It seems we have the reason. It has something to do with the proxy settings.

As a workaround it's possible to remove the proxy, after that the login is ok  (at least in our case).

What we see also: the problem happens only for user with these default roles:

• Network Admin
  • Super Admin
  • Full Authorization

Users with other roles never had the problem.

Regards

Hendrik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco