Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 and SPA8000 group call pickup and DID questions

gdamjanovic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am preparing to deploy UC560 and 8 SPA502G phones .
Becouse client wants to keep existing analogue phones decision was made to deploy SPA8000.

SPA8000 extensions are not visible like phones on UC

First question is how can I join that extensions in callpickup group and pickup up group calls (that feature frequently used on old PBX) and what is that extension behavior regarding DID translations (I have 21 number DID on old PBX).

Thanx You all in advance for all replies.

4 Replies 4

rowseyba1
Level 1
Level 1

Goran,

If they are keeping the existing analog phones, the UC560 comes with 4 FXS ports and you can add 4 more using the expansion slot.  Those ports are configurable as extensions on the system.  That way you don't have to deploy the SPA8000 and all of the extensions will be available for call pickup and DID translations.

Thank for your reply I am avere of that but i need 8 extension witch meen 2 vic card that cost 4 times spa and client would like to save some money becouse this is temp solution until they chenge all phones to IP ones.

BR

You would only need 1 VIC card(VIC2-4FXO).  The 560, by default, has 4 FXS ports for analog phones.  Retail on it is $800, I've seen it online for a little over $400.  I'm not sure how much the SPA8000 is, but this card might be an option for you to solve the issue that you have with the extensions being "hidden."

I need 12 analog extensions that is 2 vics. spa is 320$ GPL

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: