cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change voicemail to email message format

joseph.amaral
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to change the format of the voicemail message when it comes to email.  The wav file plays fine on any blackberry, Android, etc, but because the phone number comes in a <phone #> it isn't recognized by an android as a phone #, so you can not just clikc on it to call the person back. It would be nice if the message format is something we could change /customize.

Right now I get:

Voicemail Notification Message ...

Received On: Tue Mar 13 08:28:36 AM 2012

Caller: MASSACHUSETTS<CALLER's Phone #>

Recipient: <VM Sales><250>

Duration: 0:25

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Hi,

I don't know that we will support customization, but that said, I think we would be open to adding the appropriate formating to allow the phone number to be recognized as a click to dial number.  What exactly would you need to see in the voicemail message to "click to call"? 

Chris

Chris, I believe just add a +1 in front of the number would work. If I remember andrioids (at least) will recognize a number as a phone number in an email if it has +1 in from of it. so +1xxxxxxxxxx should work fine. Maybe also move the < >'s off one space, so the number stands out.

Thanks

Hi,

The +1 would only work in the USA.  The change would need to be a bit more universal.  I'll put in an enhancement request.

Chris

Joseph,

Can you try tel: and see whether it works on your blackberry? Be sure to use all lower case for "tel". For exampe, tel:12345. You can send yourself an email with the text and see does it work. I know it works on Apple iOS.

Chris,

"tel:" might be what we need. See http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5341

Bassanio

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: