cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA112 Not adjusting for daylight savings time, unable to change to manual NTP server

danbuchko
Level 1
Level 1

Two issues I've seen with my SPA112:

1.  If I change the NTP server to "Manual", and try to enter a server URL (such as 0.pool.ntp.org), I get "Invalid NTP Server Address".

2.  The SPA112 does not seem to have adjusted automatically to DST, at least judging by the time it shows on the status screen.  (I have set the timezone to GMT-05:00 Eastern Time, and checked the "Adjust Clock for Daylight Saving Changes" box.)

Dan

5 Replies 5

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dan,

Thanks for letting us know about this problem. I've tested and found that the issue is related to the web-User Interface testing the parameter. I'll file a defect against this. This is not an issue if a configuration file is used. I'm able to set the server to "0.pool.ntp.org" using a configuration file as follows:

0.pool.ntp.org

Set the time server to "pool.ntp.org" to work around this.

I tested and found that my SPA122 does correctly set its time when configured as follows:

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Thanks, Patrick.  Were you able to replicate the DST issue as well?

Regards,
Dan

Dan,

I tested the DST and it worked for me. The ATA displayed EDT and not standard time.

Click on the screenshot I posted to make it display in higher quality and you'll see the time is 17H22. I'm in CDT (Texas) and posted the screenshot at 16H24, two minutes after taking the shot.

If you're having issues with time not syncing fast enough, try reduce the Resync Timer down from an hour. Also, select the "Auto Recovery After Reboot" box to make sure that the ATA actively solicits the NTP server at boot time. Read more in the SPA100 Admin Guide.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Hi Patrick,

Hmmm, wonder why mine is not showing DST since it kicked in on the weekend.  Do you think it is because my time server address is set to "Auto"?  My screen looks as follows:

You can see that the current time is 1 hour behind, as though the DST is not working.  Note that I'm running firmware version 1.1.0 (011) Feb 10 2012.

Also, how do I change the settings via the XML config file, as you earlier did?

Thanks,

Dan

Just an update on the DST issue.  I had to hard reboot my device yesterday (i.e. disconnect/reconnect power -- see this thread https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3590589#3590589), and now the DST settings are getting picked up.  The device time is correct and I can see it adjusting for DST in the device log.

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: