How to install my WVC210 Wireless-G PTZ Internet Camera so I can view it from any where in the world.

Unanswered Question
Mar 13th, 2012

Hi guys I just bught a

WVC210 Wireless-G PTZ Internet Camera

I need to install it so that I can view it from any where in the world. I have no Idea how to do this.

I would like if some one can send me a video tutorial on how to do it.

I have a website that I am runing so I guess I can use that if I need something like Hosting and Domain things.

I want to know if it is posible that I can some how configure it so I can view the camera on one of my websites page.

For exaple: www.example.com/mycamera???

If not well I would love to here the options I have.

Thank you very much in advance!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
emoyers Tue, 03/13/2012 - 14:24

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

Please see the document I have attached. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

emoyers Tue, 03/13/2012 - 14:25

I will try and come up with a good answer for your question on accessing from a website.

Eric

Isr43lmartinez Wed, 03/14/2012 - 15:09

Thanks a lot for the help beeing provided!

I can check the camera on my browser yes but it is on the same network where I have the camera.

I want to Installit for example in Los Ageles and Check it out on Tokio or Cuba.

I don't need the access to the camera on the same building, I want to be able to see the camera from another country. Via website or a software type.

Thanks again!

mpyhala Wed, 03/14/2012 - 17:27

Rogerio,

You simply need to forward port 80 in your router to the LAN IP address of the WVC210. Then from a remote location type your WAN IP address into Internet Explorer and you can access the camera. As far as adding the video to your website, I'm not sure how that is done although I believe it is possible.

Isr43lmartinez Sun, 03/18/2012 - 13:11

I have a SmartRG Router

I don't know where to change or how to do it.

This is my router:

This is my camera:

If I can get a video tutorial or image, step by step on what to change that would be awesome!

Thank you all!

mpyhala Tue, 03/20/2012 - 14:11

Rogerio,

I have never seen a router like you have and I wouldn't dare advise you about changing the settings. It appears that it is a router/modem that was provided by your ISP. If this is the case, I recommend that you call your ISP and ask them for Port Forwarding assistance. You need to forward port 80 to the LAN IP address of your camera. The LAN IP address of your camera is the IP address that you use to log into the web interface. You should not need to change any settings on the camera. After you have had the ISP help you forward the port to the camera, go to ipchicken.com and you will see your WAN IP address. Write that address down and then go to a remote location and type it into your web browser. You should get the login page of the camera. Note that your WAN IP is subject to change. You can ask your ISP to provide you with a static IP address which will be an additional charge each month but your IP address will not change. Another option is to use a service such as dyndns to create a unique URL that you can use to access the camera remotely even if your WAN IP address changes. We can discuss that after you get access to the camera if you have further questions.

asarutanond Wed, 03/28/2012 - 12:27

Eric, assuming of course that his ISP does not block port 80.........

Alan.

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted March 13, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Stats:
Replies:7 Avg. Rating:
Views:6240 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.