Views
Helpful
Replies

Error message meaning

NAVIN PARWAL
Level 2
Level 2

Folks,

I have this error messag showing up on the controller that resembles what i see on the controller. Does anyone know how to stop this.

Could not build the CCKM

Reassociation response IE.[chars]. Mobile: [hex]:[hex]:[hex]:[hex]:[hex]:[hex]

Explanation Could not build the CCKM Reassociation response IE. Could not build the CCKM
Reassociation response IE.[chars]. Mobile: [hex]:[hex]:[hex]:[hex]:[hex]:[hex]
Explanation Could not build the CCKM Reassociation response IE.

Error Message    %APF-3-CREATE_CCKM_REASS_RESPONSE_IE_FAILED:

3 Replies 3

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Navin:
what is the logging levle in your controller? if it is debugging or informational you may consider to reduce it to errors.

Erorrs level is good. it shows you many information that you need but it does not show informational logs that you dont usually care about.

What is your code versoin and WLC model?

it looks to me more like a client issue. you are using CCKM already for one of your SSIDs, right?

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Yes I am using cckm for the phones but they keep disconnecting when they roam, I have bad coverage it seems.

Do you know how to fix this error.

Navin,

In order to find the problem we need to know the cause.

what is the WLC model and code version you are using? what is the logging level you have?
What are the wiphones you use? Cisco? or other vendor?
have you followed the VoWLAN recommendations as per your wiphones vendor?

have you made site survey?
you may consider collecting some debugs on WLC: "debug client " and reproduce the problem for the phone when it moves and disconnects. provide also the exact time stampe at which the disconnection happened.

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: