Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Conference through call manager..

lalqatta982011
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have a CallManager version 8. and I succssfully make a video call between two IP Phones, the question is Can I make a video conference too.

if not, what I have to include (MCU or VCS), please explain more?

Thanks and Regards,

3 Replies 3

Hi,

since version 8.6.2 you can add MCU device as Conference Bridge to CUCM.

I'm using such setup with MCU 4501 + 9971 phones and it works very good.

Cheers

Hi

You can do it with CUCM 8 and IPVC also

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_1/ccmsys/a05confb.html#wp1038187

Regards

Ronak patel

Please rate helpfull posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

It all depends on your video requirements. You can use codian mcu which gives you lots of features such as hi definition ,enhanced continuous presence, layouts etc

The ISR G2s with PVDM3 support video can register to CUCM as a conferencing resource so if your users are used of meet me and ad hoc conferencing at a lower price this is good. But does have its limitations only voice switched and limited to a number of video codecs. If your phone fleet is standardized this shouldn't be too much of an issue.

The overall best solution would be VCS, TMS, Codian. New version of VCS x7.1 does support virtualization but not officially released and obviously early days.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: