I am having a problem with web authentication it just quit working.
The problem is that once I open a broswer it does not redirects me to the login page (virtual interface) thus not getting authenticated.
I wonder if there is a way to restart the service in the WLC or I have to restart the WLC?
Thanks in advance!
You should check a few things first.
1. Do you have an IP address?
2. From the WLC, what "state" does your client show to be in once you have connected but not yet passed through the WebAuth page. You should be in a "WEBAUTH_REQD" policy state. Found in the WLC GUI (MONITOR > Clients > %yourclientMAC%)
3. Perform nslookup from you client and attempt to resolve an internet domain name. (ie. www.google.com). Does this work? If not, what DNS addresses are you providing? Have you tried any other public DNS servers instead? If nslookup is not working, you should verify that a wired client placed in to the same VLAN as these guests can actually get a name resolved.
If all of the above is met, you have an IP, you are in WEBAUTH_REQD state, and you "can" successfully return DNS. You should "try" the following.
1. Have you tried more than 1 client to verify it is not a "client" issue?
2. Have you tried multiple browsers? IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari?
3. Can you navigate to the page directly using the virtual IP of the WLC? (ie. https://18.104.22.168/login.html as an example)
Is this a "custom" web-auth page or just the default internal page? If it is "custom", try using the "internal" page, and verify you have the same behavior.