Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Correct RAID setup for UCS-C200M2-VCD2 for CM8.6.2 & Unity Connection 8.5

Hi,

We  need to install CM8.6.2 & Unity Connection 8.5  in  a server UCS-C200M2 virtualized, we have followed instruction for setting RAID but I guess something wrong happend because then installation of CM can not initiates,  I attach screenshot in the step where we can not go further.

Server has 4 hard disks and put in RAID 6 array. Every hard disk has 931GB of capacity.

We installed ESXi 4.1 and cucm_8.6_vmv7_v1.5.ova template for installation,

any suggestion or recommedation ??

regards

6 Replies 6

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

Did you tell VM to boot from Server DVDROM drive? I usually upload .ISO files into ESXi data store and tell VM to boot from it.

Otherwise, I think you might be running into a known BIOS boot behavior with some of Cisco's OVA's. Go to VM settings in vSphere Client, second tab, and tell it to boot into BIOS next time, start VM, in the BIOS screen tell it to boot from CD-ROM first, save and exit BIOS.

Hi Roman,

Thanks a lot for you comments and recommendations.

Regarding RAID arrays is it correct this setup ?, how can I be sure the RAID setup will allow to install CM & unity connection virtualized.

regards

Cisco actually recommends RAID10 (RAID1 + RAID0), not RAID6

but in your case, since you are virtualizing what difference does it make if you have RAID10 or RAID6. You are having a problem with VM boot from DVD/ISO, and not with storage.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Filiberto,

I'll add my +5 point vote to the great info from Roman (Thanx sir )

Here's a pretty good reference for your RAID config question;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/virtual/servers.html

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thaks for the link; unfortunately we still have problems.

Can you recommed me the specific docs, I must read (from scratch) so that I can virtualized this server and install CM and unity connection.

regards,

Hi can you show a screenshot of your CUCM VM storage config and CD ROM config. Also double check that the virtual cd Rom states it is connected.

I understand your RAID issues but should not really impact as ESXi controls access to your storage.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: