cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Flash does not load information from xml on DMM system

hoangndfis
Level 1
Level 1

I have flash file load information from xml file. flash file and xml file i push on IIS server. In presentation i add URL of flash file but flash file not show information.

I try run URL direct from DMP is ok.

Flash file write for Flash litte 3.1 and use action script 2.0. DMS system test with DMM version is 5.3 and DMP 4310G.

Please point where the error and the notes on  flash file use with DMM for my programmer.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

lebaonam.sbd
Level 1
Level 1

Becasue Flash can not retrived data from xml (located on IIS server) due to security of adobe flash.

Could you describe how did you to add flash content on DMM.

Hi guy's

I think I maybe faced with a similar issue.

I've been working on a flash build that pulls in xml feeds. Everything I have works great so far but I've only been able to test as standalone(Desktop) and in the browser.

When I tested standalone(Desktop) I did get the flash security popup but once I granted access it worked fine.

I've never used DMP 4310 before. At this point in time I dont have access to it either. All I know is that my swf will be put on it.

Can anyone tell me how the DMP 4310 will handle the flash security popup?

You'll need to put this XML file in your root folder on your server:

http://www.adobe.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">

The file should be named crossdomain.xml. Then you'll be able to run flash with external XML if security is the issue.

mjuarez2
Level 1
Level 1

We've had really mixed results with the DMP4310G model when it comes to flash. Although the spec says AS 2 is OK, it's not always, and I don't think it is a security issue in this case, since we've already dealt with that with the crossdomain.xml file. Try using and absolute URL to reference your XML file and see if that works. We've managed to do this in the 4400 model, but again, the 4310G has been more challenging.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: