I have a couple questions about VTP.
I have 2 switches that act as core (3560G-48PS) switches and VTP server, and in the plane including a pair of
Normal VTP clients as access switches. The core switches are now to be replaced. The new switches (VTP server),
do have exactly the same configuration of the existing switches .
My questions are:
- Where the VTP information is stored...in the vlan.dat ?
- What happens if the new switches can be booted with the original configuration and the configuration revision number 0 as a VTP server?
- Are the new switches VTP server then? Since the clients have even higher configuration revison?
- Can I improve or modify the configuration revision number?
Thanks in advance for your help;)!
I still have two questions:
- It should also be possible to the copy vlan.dat, and transferred to the new switches, right?
Don't do it. The described method is much more reliable.
- What if a client has a higher configuration revision number. Will it promote on the new VTP servers with config revision 0 its VLANs?
Yes it will.