cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MSE - wIPS service not able to find MSE when applying wIPS profile

Matthew2k4_2
Level 1
Level 1

I've just installed an MSE and successfully connected it to WCS. Context aware services are showing all clients on the maps and it appears to be working as expected. Where I am running into issues is when I went to utilize the wIPS services on the device. I haver followed the installation guide step by step, disabling the radio, enabling wIPS sub-mode and re-enabling the AP radio (attached), however when I go into the license center in WCS, I do not see the MSE wIPS license being utilized (see attached screenshot). When I attempt to configure and apply a wIPS profile, I get the following error on the last screen:

No MSE/Controller(s) found. Please make sure:

- You have added MSE to WCS

- Synchronized controller(s) to MSE

The MSE is obviously connected and synchronized because the context aware license is being utilized and I see green arrows in the synchronization page of the mobility services in WCS. I have looked at /etc/init.d/msed status and verified that the services are running without issue. I have tried rebooting, re-synchronizing manually, enabling monitor mode on the AP, etc...

The software versions are:

WLC: 7.0.220.0

WCS: 7.0.220.0

MSE: 7.0.201.204

I know that the MSE software version doesnt match exactly but from what I've read, only the major release needs to match, is that correct?

Has anyone else run into this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Matt,

I had the same problem.

In WCS, click the services link and go to synchronize services

On the left habd side, click the controllers link

Select the  Controller(s) you want and click the 'Change MSE assignment' Button

There you will have the option of selecting CAS and/or wIPS

Save and then Synchronize all services

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Matthew2k4_2
Level 1
Level 1

Also forgot to mention that when I'm looking at the wIPS profile assignment page, my default profile is assigned to the MSE and only 2 of my controllers are assigned to the profile (there are more than 2). I didn't configure this, so Im not sure how two of the WLCs were assigned to it. Anyway, when I click the 2 in the "Controller(s) applied to" field, the profile assignment details page comes up which states that it does not know the controlelr address or MAC address and that it could not connect to those two controllers. Please see attachment

Hi Matt,

I had the same problem.

In WCS, click the services link and go to synchronize services

On the left habd side, click the controllers link

Select the  Controller(s) you want and click the 'Change MSE assignment' Button

There you will have the option of selecting CAS and/or wIPS

Save and then Synchronize all services

Yep, you are correct.

I did end up getting TAC to help me out and this is exactly what the did to resolve the issue; I just forgot to resolve this case in the forum. Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: