cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meet me conferencing

alialjamri2008
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to initiate the conference from external phone i.e. through PSTN.

Thanks

Ali

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Maybe specify system and version you're using ?

CUCM 7.1.3, CUC 7.1.3.

Thanks

Ali

Hi Ali,

We have a meet me number that is called externally using Cisco Unity call handlers.

For instance,  if the meet-me directory number is 12222 and the external number to link it to is 33334444.

A user dials 33334444 and comes into call manager and is Xlated to 34444.

The d/n 34444 points directly to the Cisco Unity pilot number of 11111.

Cisco Unity receives the call forward from 34444 and calls the System Call handler for the MeetMe System call handler.

The call handler greets the user and prompts them to hold and then transfers them to the meetme number.

In the example 12222.

The caveat is that someone internally needs to setup the meetme conference before the external user dials in.

I hope this helps

Regards,

Amanda

Thanks Amanda,

We already have this setup on our system, but my question is to initiate meetme from external phone like cell phone.

Regards

Ali

That is possible runnning a CME unlocked meet-me conference on the router. The the access can be PIN protected with a script.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: