cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connectivity problem after adding a second WLC

Bob Bagheri
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client with two identically configured WLC's running 7.0.230.0 with approximately 370 AP's.  We are currently testing before going into production and found that once the 2nd WLC comes online (same mobility/RF group), the clients are no longer able to connect / obtain an IP address.  We removed all security and still had the same issue when the 2nd controller came online.   This sounds like a bug and I'm thinking about upgrading to 7.2x, however, that requires upgrading the MSE/NCM.  Although I don't mind doing this upgrade, I was just wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue.

I did run both configuration files through the WLC Config Analyzer and nothing seems to jump out other than some typical RF issues.

Thanks,

Bob

6 Replies 6

s.vosper
Level 1
Level 1

Bob

Have you checked to make sure you don't have any IP address duplications between any of the interfaces of the controllers?

Regards

Simon

Simon,

No IP Conflicts. Ironically, when we broke the Mobility Group, everything is working fine and clients are able to obtain their IP addresses from the DHCP servers.

Re,
Bob

Is the WLAN anchored?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

No they WLAN's are not anchored.

Can you post the configs? Feel free to scrub them so bling as we have the mobility interface and WLAN configs.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

It appears the MFP on the AP's was off on one controller.

Thanks for trying to help.

Re,
Bob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: