cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg licensing system down?

jhindmarsh
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to upgrade a C40 and when I enter the Serial Number and MAC of the C40 and click on the Verify button on the licensing page, I get this error:

Error in fetching Contract details as the C3 Connection is not available..

I assume this is a Cisco Licensing system issue?  Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Jesse Hindmarsh

8 Replies 8

Hi Jesse

Upgrade is available for valid servise contract.

You can receive new release key on www.cisco.com/go/license

No need enter MAC. S / N is enough.

You button - Tandberg software upgrade&lookup.

P.S. If you use old C40 without valid servise, your C40 may not migrated from Tandberg database. If error - you may e-mail to licensing@cisco.com

Br. Oleksandr

linuxxiao
Level 1
Level 1

the same issue on me.How to see the release key after upgrading?use command or other way?

Haydn von Imhof
Level 4
Level 4

I have also had this issue a number of times with the Cisco Licensing Site.

All my systems have valid contracts yet the site always give the same error message.

I now email all my upgrade requests and other licensing request through to Licensing@cisco.com

They are normally very quick to respond with the keys I need.

linuxxiao: you do not "see" the release key after upgrading, at least not on the endpoint unless it was added.
You have to either use TMS, the Cisco Licensing website, licensing team or some other cisco channels.

Hayden: 

Btw, there is also a dedicated "ex-tandberg" licensing team email, and yes you are right, licensing@cisco.com are usually quite fast.

But I must say I really miss the simple, scaleble way (which also supported bulk lookups of up to 500 serials and its export to xls) by TANDBERG.

I noticed some slow response of the tp license lookup web-page, ...

Also never understood why its:

http://cisco.com/go/license

but

licensing@cisco.com

Martin

linuxxiao: Please rate the answers using the stars below the answers

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Martin:

I agree, the bulk lookups was a great feature.

I have submitted this a few times to Cisco as a feature request… but that’s about where it has stopped.

I try use TMS as must as possible to pull new upgrade key but a lot of my systems were not added to the TMS backend Database on Cisco’s side so my TMS would never give me information on my endpoints. This however is currently being resolved.

Yea, you are not the only one with a feature request for that, ...

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

That means the only way got release key is contact cisco.The end user can not get release key use command  or TMS.

Thank all.I got C40 release key from www.cisco.com/go/license.

Yay - looks like licencing portal might be a bit simpler to use soon:
"PLEASE NOTE: This portal will be  updated within the next few weeks as mentioned in the below downtimes.  The process to  obtain and maintain Cisco software licenses will be greatly simplified  and streamlined. We hope this will  improve the ease and speed of your licensing experience. A preview and  overview of the upcoming changes to this portal can be viewed via the  following 5-minute VIDEO"
Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: