Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Announcing UC320W 2.2.2 GA firmware release

WHAT:

Today  we are announcing the General Availability of the Cisco UC320W 2.2.2  firmware feature release.  Features and bug fixes are described in the  2.2.2 release notes found here

WHEN:

The 2.2.2 firmware version is available via the Cloud today.   This will be posted on CCO shortly.

HOW:

Log into the UC320W Configuration Utility on a system that has the WAN  connected.  The 2.2.2 firmware version will appear as an upgrade option.

If  you are on a release version lower than 2.1.2, please see this  discussion for more information and a workaround for the Adobe Flash  Player version 11 compatibility issue:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2112911

Please see the below release notes for upgrade instructions.

Release notes for the Cisco UC320W 2.2.2 firmware release can be found here.

12 Replies 12

wsfragrances
Level 1
Level 1

Do you plan to add the capability to upload voicemail greeting using the cloud service (same way as auto-attendant and music on hold)?

Hi Serge,

I have opened a feature request for this but in all honesty I think other features will take priority over this request.

Thanks,

Chris

geri.storz
Level 1
Level 1

How about the support of Smartphones i.E. Apples iPhone as phone with Cisco Mobile 8 now with UC320W? I found a note somewhere in the discussion, that it will be supported, but I did'nt find out in which firmware release.

Any further information on this? Or is there a feature request necessary?

Thanks Gary

Hi Gary;

We are working towards its integration but there is no availability date committed yet. Please stay tuned for further news.

Regards
Alberto

Hi

It seems in this release there are dialing privileges.  Is there any plans for dial patterns in the future?  This is such a basic feature and don't know why it has not implemented, considering the UC320 can support up to 4 SIP trucks.  The main point of SIP trunks is to save money.  A unit may have serval SIP trunks based on call rates to different countries or regions.  Why should a user need to remember what they need to press to access the correct outside line. 

Something like if they dial

9 1XXX uses FXO

9 01190 uses SIP1

9 01120 uses SIP2

I strongly agree with you Donald. Most other vendors kit will support this feature. The ability to add/remove dialed digits for things like carrier LCR would also be very useful on top of automatic route selection(ARS).

For example,

End user dials 9 01392XXXXXXXX

But the PBX actually sends to carrier 162 01392XXXXXXXX

(162 is the access code recognised by BT for Energis LCR)

Thanks

Matt

Alberto,

Please add my name to the list of customers who would find the ability to upload custom voicemail files EXTREMLY helpful. We paid a voice service to record all of our greetings and using a handset makes them sound horrible.

Thank you,

Bryan

I strongly agree with you Donald. Most other vendors kit will support this feature. The ability to add/remove dialed digits for things like carrier LCR would also be very useful on top of automatic route selection(ARS).

For example,

End user dials 9 01392XXXXXXXX

But the PBX actually sends to carrier 162 01392XXXXXXXX

(162 is the access code recognised by BT for Energis LCR)

Thanks

Matt

eshafran101
Level 1
Level 1

Chris - very nice release. I like a lot of the new features. But I don't see much new in voicemail. Specifically, we're still looking for the ability to "zero out" - ie. to allow a caller to press zero for an attendant (or something similar). Any idea when we might see such a feature?

Hi Christopher Edgeworth,

If I loss login account and password,how to recover username and password? except factory default

Thanks

John

Hi John,

The Cisco Small Business Support Center can help recover your password.  One other way is if you system was configured for the automatic backups to USB key, you can:

1.  Factory Reset the UC320W

2.  Log into the UC320W set the username and password.

3.  Restore backup from USB key.

This method may cause you to lose some changes since the last backup including configuration changes, voicemail messages, AA prompt changes.

Chris

Hi Christopher,

i don't understand very well how can i use the classes of restriction. Is there any possible to modify the matching rules insert in the various classes or i can only move up and down  default rules?

These rules are related to the packet Region and new rules may be obtained through PMF files?

Thanks

Francesco

NOTE: The UC320w emulator is very useful to test and understand new feautures, very nice idea.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: