cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding audio bridge on a Telepresence Call using TelePresence Server.

Abhishek Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to add an audio bridge to a TelePresence call.   I am able to a regular audio call from TMS.  The DTMF tones are not working propertly through TelePresence Server to ISDN.

Process of adding

I take the scheduled call in TMS.

Click on Connection setting.

Then click on setting in action column.

Polulate the DTMF field.

FYI.

I am able to add the bridge with DTMF tone following the above meathod when the call is initiated from a cordian to ISDN.

Please Help.

Thanks

Abhishek Sharma

7 Replies 7

crisalex
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI,

Let's start with some basics

1. what is the full call steup scenario ?

Is this TPS 8710 ( sw version ? ) -> IP to ISDN GW ( what model / sw version) -> ISDN audio bridge ( what model and sw version?)

2. Does it work without TMS , if you try to add the audio bridge from the TPS server web interface directly ?

3. when you use the Codian bridge, do you use exatly the same call setup ? ( the same IP to ISDN GW  and you are calling the same audio bridge ? )

Regards

Cristian

Answers

1. what is the full call steup scenario ?

• Three CTS endpoints are scheduled through MS Outlook to be a in call at 10:00AM.
  • Organiser will also like have an audio call joind to the bridge.
  • Video admin would go into TMS and add an exteranl participant to the call.
  • TelePresence Blade takes the call and sends out ISDN GW 3241.  The call does connect and i can hear the Auto Attendant from the audio bridge prompting for Meeting ID etc....  I believe the DTMF tones are not cler enough and the audio call drops. 

TPS 8710 (2.1(1.37)) -> IP to ISDN GW (Codian ISDN GW 3241/ 2.0(1.40)P) -> ISDN audio bridge ( Externl Thrird Party Bridge)

2. Does it work without TMS , if you try to add the audio bridge from the TPS server web interface directly ?

A regular call works like to my office phone or cell phone.  How can i add DTMS tones into the TelePresence server.

3. when you use the Codian bridge, do you use exatly the same call setup ? ( the same IP to ISDN GW  and you are calling the same audio bridge ? ) \

I use the same setup and the call works thourgh the Cordian MCU.

Thanks

HI,

You can test this from the TPS server web interface Conferences > Select an exiting conference > call endpoint > and here you can type the "address" and the "send DTMF" string , like in the picture from bellow :

We had a bug in previous TPS server version that could potentially affect this ( not all the DTMF tones were sent by TPS servre to the far end endpoint ) . even though at this point I'm not sure if this is why calls are failing I would strongly recommend you as first troubleshootinh step to go ahead and upgrade the TPS to 2.2(1.54) and the ISDN GW to  2.1(1.49) sw version. Both sw versions are available for free on our web site.

Regards

Cristian

No Wonder i could not find it.  I only have these options. 

I believe we don't need the new lic key as we are still with 2.x s.w.

Please confrim.

Thansk

Abhi Sharma

I can confirm

No license required for TPS upgrade

Cristian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: