cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

10GE SPAs, whats the difference between these 2?

Jack Leung
Level 1
Level 1

SPA-1X10GE-WL-V2

and

SPA-1X10GE-L-V2

I'm looking to add ASR 1002s for my internet edge and I need 10GE interfaces on them. Is there a difference between those 2 I've listed?

4 Replies 4

LW stands for LAN/WAN. L is only LAN. The LW have WAN SONET capabilities, so if you are going to connect this to a 10G Ethernet switch, this are useless, buy only the LAN version.

Br

Alex.

From the datasheets, both support SONET

Both document contain : "

The Cisco SPA/SIP portfolio allows deployment of different interfaces (packet over SONET/SDH [POS], ATM, Ethernet, etc.)"

Only difference with WL is "

• WAN, SONET/SDH, dense wavelength division multiplexer (DWDM), and add/drop multiplexer (ADM) connectivity (WAN PHY mode)"

Thanks

Hello,

What if I need to configure OTV in ASR 1002 connecting it to Brocade Switch, will SPA-1X10GE-L-V2 be enough in this case?

Thank You.

Ahmed.

Hi Ahmed,

Sorry i know its an old query but just im curious to know if you try to connect SPA-1x10GB-L-V2 with OTV. DCI it looks extend the LAN which i think it should be ok. Could you share your experience.

Thanks,

Saeed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card