Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stack Switching - Priorities mis-configured problem

Hello,

I got Two Distribution Switches of Cisco 3750G. Each Distribution have two 3750G switches stacked. I also have one Cisco 3750V2 Access Switch connected to both Distribution. When I am checking for redundancy, I can only get redundancy test pass for one link not atall for other. If I have a link up with Distribution 1 only then its fine; but disappointment with Distribution 2 link. I can see that the switch priorities of Dist 2 is not correct ie. Master's priority is 10 and Member's is 15.

My question is that due to misconfigured priorities on Distribution 2 stack switches I am failing with redundancy if ONLY Dist 2 is up and Dist 1 is down.

Your response will be helpful to me.

Thanks

Yaseen Ansari...

4 Replies 4

Kyle McKay
Level 1
Level 1

When you say, you're failing with redundancy if only Dist 2 is up and Dist 1 is down, you mean the link does not fail over, or does it take too long? Your distribution is comprised of TWO 3750 switches, correct ? Are you also saying that you have multiple distribution stacks?

Let me know.

Hi McKay,

You are right, I have only two 3750 in distribution switches ( D1 & D2).

Let me take out into more detail part.

When my link between Dist 2 and AS is physically unplugged or logically by shutting the port connecting them, I can still ping/telnet etc to my AS because of link Dist 1. But fail same process with only Dist 2 available; with this case I can only login to AS through D2. My AS cannot ping to Default Gateway of its own, also not able to ping to Core Switches and D1.

Hope this info may help you.

Do you have the same set of VLAN's configured on each of the links to the distribution switches? Are they configured as a port-channel?

Can I see the output of "show spanning-tree" from the access switch.

Same set of VLAN's are configured on each of the links to the distribution switches.

No PortChannel is configured.

Spanning Tree Priorities are very well set.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: