Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

3560 and 2811 with multiple IPs showing as 2 Devices

Unanswered Question
Mar 22nd, 2012
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

I have a WS-C3560-48PS with multiple IPs assigned to it, 1 IP on each of numerous interfaces.  It's being listed as multiple 3560s. I entered credentials for one of them, let it set for a while, and that one seems to be fine.  However the others still shows needing credentials.  The same thing is happening on a 2811.  Is there a reason it didn't consolidate these down to 1 device after it could authenticate to one of them?  Alternatively, it would be nice to see them as 3 devices, if they simply used the same credentials instead of having to enter all 3, and the Topology kept them together (i.e. 1 primary and others showing connected to it, and other associated devices attached to their respective interfaces).

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
SHAWN EFTINK Tue, 06/19/2012 - 13:35
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Ok, so post 7.3 when it states 3560 support, I checked my OnPlus and here's what I'm seeing.  Basically the same thing as before.  My 3560 switch shows up as 3 seperate devices, since it has 3 IPs (for different networks), and 2 of them show up with the device specific icon while one of them has the generic IOS switch icon.  So I initiated a "Rediscover Network" thinking that would clear it up.  Came back the same.  3 devices, instead of 1, and one is an "IOS-Switch" instead of a 3560.  It's a WS-C3560-48PS-S.

BTW, the 2811 still shows up as 2 devices as well.

aqkazi Wed, 06/20/2012 - 08:31
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Thank you for your post. I've reached out to the appropriate contacts to look into this further. I'll get back with you once I have additional information.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

Matthew Needs Thu, 07/12/2012 - 09:01
User Badges:
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Small Business, May 2015

Hi All,

Did anyone ever come to any conclusions with regards to Onplus 3560 support? We are looking into Onplus at the moment and 3560 switch support would be a huge plus for us.

Many thanks

Matt

aqkazi Thu, 07/12/2012 - 09:33
User Badges:

Sdeftink - After looking into this further this is currently 'As Implemented' for the way device discovery is supported in OnPlus when mutliple IPs exist for a single interface. This is certainly not what we would like, but it requires some work to support this. We will revise this in a future release to handle configurations like this better.

Matthew - The 3560 is now supported: Catalyst 3560-C, 3560-E, 3560-G, 3560-X, and 3560v2 provide product icons and support remote access. All the Catalyst 3560s, with the exception of the 3560 and 3560-G, support backup and restore and firmware upgrade capability.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

Actions

This Discussion