What will replace Cisco VPN Client?

Unanswered Question
Mar 23rd, 2012

The Cisco ipsec-based VPN client has received its EOL death penalty from the powers-that-be.

What will replace it for us SA5x0 customers?

//Svein

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jasbryan Tue, 03/27/2012 - 08:07

Svein,

I was looking for the EOL/EOS announcement for Cisco vpn client 5 but only seen Cisco vpn client 3.5 & 3.6 did you get a notice for Cisco vpn client 5 EOL/EOS if so can you post link.

Jasbryan

not12bhere Fri, 04/06/2012 - 07:12

Svein,

We have been told that an update with Cisco Anyconnect capability will be the replacement. I believe the Cisco team mentioned that it was on the roadmap. I am not sure that Cisco's cost-benefit analysis on the engineering resources to migrate the SA500's to Anyconnect will go well for us. I really hope it does. We invested a lot in branch office installations of these devices. Until then, I am really glad that Android ICS VPN client, shrewsoft, and greenbow all work with the SA500 series.

doug_counsil@ya... Fri, 04/06/2012 - 11:08

More importantly for us, we need for Cisco to fix the issues with SSL VPN and Mac OSX Lion (and soon Mountain Lion), as well as, Windows 7 64-bit.  The SA500 Series routers cost much more than the other small business routers (the RV class).  That said, Cisco AnyConnect support should really be added soon because it has been on the roadmap for far too long.

Honestly, the SA500 Series routers have great potential.  They have enough horsepower (CPU/RAM/etc) to support these features.

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted March 23, 2012 at 4:12 AM
Stats:
Replies:3 Overall Rating:
Views:5779 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: vpn, vpn_client, sa500
+

Related Content