cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove Standby WAAS Central Manager

paulhawker
Level 1
Level 1

We have 2 WAAS central managers in our deployment in different data centres.

The secondary has recently been removed as it was EOL and a new WAVE594 bought to replace it.

Unfortunately the old standby central manager is still listed in the primary central manager showing as Inactive.

We would like to register the brand new backup central manager with the primary central manager (using a new hostname but same IP) but as the old one is still in there we are unable to as we get the following error message when doing a "cms enable":

WAE594(config)#cms enable

Registering WAAS Central Manager...

Sending  device registration request to Central Manager with address 10.x.x.x

Registration record for this device already exists or other nodes share the foll

owing information with this node: Certificate hash already used by device xxxxx (CdmConfig_20188158); Mac 50:3d:xx:xx:xx:xx already used by device xxxxxx(CdmConfig_20188158); Ip address xxxxxxx#10.x.x.x already used by

device xxxxxxx(CdmConfig_20188158);

register: Registration failed(512).

cms: unable to register node

FAILED to enable management services

Please can someone advise how we can remove the old standby central manager from the primary so we can register it's replacement? Deleting it from the central manager GUI has no effect even after a reload it is still listed.

Many thanks, Paul

7 Replies 7

paulhawker
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have any ideas at all on this?

Many thank, Paul

pevaneyn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

If the old standby CM is still in the system I would do an identify recovery on the new hardware.

Mark the secondary CM as replaceable in the GUI, then do "cms recover identity" on the new standby CM.

This will give it the same IP and name, but that you can change afterwards.

Can you try tis?

Best regards, Peter

Many thanks for the response.

We do use the identity recover procedure for replacing accelerators sometimes. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be an option for standby central managers as the option to mark it as replaceable on the GUI is not there.

If you know a CLI method to mark the secondary central manager as replaceable I'd be glad to try it though but I think this method is only for accelerators.

Cheers, Paul

Hi Paul,

Can you try this from new the device

"cms deregister force" and press Yes

Hi,

We have tried issuing the "cms deregister force" command from the new central manager but it will not accept it as it says it is not registered so this command won't work.

If we had the old central manager still I'm sure this command would do the job and then let us register the new one - but that's the issue - we don't have the old one anymore unfortunately...

Thanks!

Hi Paul,

I think there is no standard way to fix this.

Please open a TAC case, and attach a sysreport of the new CM. The developers should be able to provide a script to fix the situation for you.

Best regards, Peter

Hi,

I was able to register to CM after "cms deregister force". Thanks :-)

Regards,

Prakash.K

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: