cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Second caller alert tone not working on some telsets

endaf.jones
Level 1
Level 1

We have a few deployments in the field that are complaining that when a second call comes in and the user is already engaged in another call, there is no alert tone either on the speaker or handset.  The only way the user knows there is another call is if they happen to be looking at the telset at the time the call comes in to notice it.  Obvoulsy, this will cause missed calls.

The thing is, this doesn't happen at all of our locations, only a handfull (perhaps 3-4 are complainging out of 70 deployments).

I've tried duplicating this in our labe enviroment with different firmware revisions and in each case it works for us.

Is there a setting or other procedure to bring back the alert tone?

3 Replies 3

Hi Endaf,

Yes, there is a PMF to enable it for USA and Canada.  If you are in a different region we can develop a PMF for that country too.  Please see the PMF page here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16301

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks Chris for the quick reply.

I did try that PMF, but that seems to apply for instances where you have a single extension on a phone and the second call is stacked ontop of the same extension.

I should have been a bit clearer on my inital message.

The alert tone I'm refering to is when you have 2 or more buttons for the same extension.  Each successfull call drops to the next free extension, but there is no alert tone for when that call arrives.  this doesn't happen with all of my customers, just a few of them (minority).

Hi Endaf,

The expected default behavior is that when you are talking on a call and a second call comes in, there will not be any sort of alert tone on your phone.  Line LEDs will light up to alert you of an another incoming call. 

You can use the above mentioned call waiting alert tone PMF to enable an alert tone, if that is the desired behavior.  Some users find the call waiting tone disruptive, especially in a busy office.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: