cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alternative platform for CUCM other than VMware

Sarg .
Level 3
Level 3

Guys I was just wondering if there is another platform that I could successfully install CUCM ( Home-Lab purpose) on other than VMware. I was looking for a permanently free / open-source solution.

Any suggestions guys?

Cheers

7 Replies 7

gbljoba
Level 1
Level 1

Why not VMware. There are free versions.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

could you provide me a link to a free version please? my work station evaluation has come to an end and vmware now requires me to pay for a license. I am not keen on doing that since this is just a home lab.

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

For Virtulisation we only support vmware. You can either use MCS boxs or use Vmware.

regards

Ronak Patel

Please rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The VMware server solution is a free platform.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You can run it on VMWare player but would recommended as per Ronak's post, ESXi on a dedicated which you can run for free (or full featured for 60 days) which is limited to the amount of CPU cores (6 from memory and the amount of ram).

But hardware is cheap you can run quite a lot even on an i5 processor and 16g RAM, thin provision. Just make sure you have an Intel CPU as well.

There are ways of using Sun's virtualbox to emulate VMWare hardware have done it but ESXi allows you to reserve the lower and higher limits of your CPU and RAM resources .

Regards

Heath

Please rate helpful posts.

All very great guys. Thanks so much. The VMware playing was the one I really needed.

Cisco forum; always helpful.

Cheers guys

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: