Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

URGENT! - How to change time on Call Manager 8.5

In the UK today it went into Summer Time and so our clocks have gone forward by 1 hour.

I have been advised that all handsets are still currently showing the old time, but after checking the voice gateways the NTP time is correct.

And so I am assuming that the time is set on Call Manager. We also have UCCX running with scripts, so I dont know if the times will affect the opening times.

Can somone get back to me ASAP with some guidance.

Thanks,

Natalia

7 Replies 7

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Please see if below link helps you to resolve the issue.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080b2cd0e.shtml

Regards

Ronak Patel

Please rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

JAYESH RAMAIYA
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Please check where your CUCM is getting it's time from. You should be using your NTP server.

Regards

Jay

Paul McGurn
Level 6
Level 6

Phones get their time from CUCM.  You configure NTP servers, assign those to DateTime Groups, and then assign those to the Device Pool you want them to apply to.  If this isn't already in place, it will require a Device Pool reset to apply the change.

SCCP phones are getting time from CUCM server. SIP phones - from NTP.

Check time on the CUCM with: utils ntp status

uldericonucci
Level 1
Level 1

See https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3891824#3891824

Not all phone models seems to be affected. No trouble at least with 7911, 7961, 7942, 7962.

You have to:

1) wait one week, for the time to automatically update.

2) change your timezone to a country with no DST (es. Africa Porto Novo), reset all the phones. Then, wait next week and re-change back your timezone to the correct one.

3) On some CUCM version apply the last DST .cop files, and reboot all the cluster.

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Natalia.

Cisco should release a frimware for the affected phones to solve this issue, right now it is prefered to do the workaround solutions

HTH

Anas

pelase rate if it is helpful

salman abid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I'm also having the same issue......... actually time and date for our IP phones was correct one week before but we were having some activity that's why we have to shutdown our entire data center.

after that our phones are having time difference of 4min. we are also using CUCM 8.5

My question is this, the time configuration is one time task or we have to configure it again once if CUCM got restarted

keeping in mind we are using CISCO IP phones 6941 & 7945

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: