Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX: Automatic Recording

Hi,

Running UCCX 8.5.1 in HA mode.

The Supervisor can manually record the agent conversation from supervisor desktop. Is it possible to record all agent conversation or on a  CSQ  automatically ?

Please let me know...

Thanks & Regards,

Krishna

18 Replies 18

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Krishna,

That feature is known as " Complete Call Recording ", which comes with Premium & Enhanced licensing only,

Page 26 of UCCX 8.5 SRND Guide has it's definition as below

Complete Call Recording:  CAD can be configured to automatically start and stop recording upon call answer and release. Conditions upon which calls are to be recorded are defined in an application script. There are limits to how many simultaneous call recording sessions can be performed.

HTH

GP.

Pls rate helpfuls posts by clicking on stars below the post !!

Hi GP,

Thanks for your reply and WISHING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY A HAPPY UGADI.

In

Cisco Supervisor Desktop User Guide in page no. 52 it says that "

The recording feature is not intended to record every call. It is an

on-demand solution only."

Can you clarify on this!!!

Also below link in which some of the partners mentioned there concerns

about cisco TAC will not support for configuring for automatic recording

for all the agent conversations.

http://dreamforccie.wordpress.com/2010/03/30/automatic-call-recording-at-uccx/

Please provide the clarification on this...............................

Thanks & Regards,

Krishna

gapande

25-03-2012 21:23

Please respond to

"cisco-support@sgaur.hosted.jivesoftware.com"

To

Krishnamurthy M Hosur/India/IBM@IBMIN

cc

Subject

- Re: UCCX: Automatic Recording

Home

Re: UCCX: Automatic Recording

created by Gajanan Pande in Contact Center - View the full discussion

Krishna,

That feature is known as " Complete Call Recording ", which comes with

Premium & Enhanced licensing only,

Page 26 of UCCX 8.5 SRND Guide has it's definition as below

Complete Call Recording: CAD can be configured to automatically start and

stop recording upon call answer and release. Conditions upon which calls

are to be recorded are defined in an application script. There are limits

to how many simultaneous call recording sessions can be performed.

HTH

GP.

Pls rate helpfuls posts by clicking on stars below the post !!

Reply to this message by going to Home

Start a new discussion in Contact Center at Home

Wish you the same Krishna.

Well, as a matter of fact, UCCX 8.5 SRND guide lists 2 recording options for sure i.e. On Demand recording & Complete call Recording, so rest assured that complete call recording feature is available. The only difference is, first one needs to be manually initiated & the second one can be programmed via Workflow.

Now about supportability of Complete Call Recordings, it makes sense if TAC would say it as unsupported because QM is the most appropriate product Cisco would promote considering it's scalability requirements. As you must have understood Complete Call recordings is resource hungry feature & if used extensively ( without proper control ) might bring down the main ACD functionality of UCCX, which is an unsupported behavior.

As of now, I dont have confirmed information on it's supportability but if you want to explore more on it, please open a PDI case referring to this thread & we would confirm it from BU about it's status as of latest.

Hope it helps ?

GP.

Please do not forget to rate posts if it was helpful !!

I opened a TAC case last week regarding CAD 8.5.x intermittently crashing after upgrading from UCCX 5 to UCCX 8.5.  After finding out I was using a workflow to start/stop recording, I was told the workflow methond is not TAC supported.  I am not familiar with a PDI case.  Please let me know how to open one and I would be happy to do so.  I am very interested to know if this method of call recording is TAC supported.

Thanks.

Hi Krishna,

As far as I know that kind of recording is not supported by Cisco TAC. Anyway, I don't recommend that kind of recording (100% call recording) in UCCX 8.5 because the space in disk is  not that big to storage a 100% call recording. I recommend you to use Quality  Manager, Compliance Recording or Advanced Quality Manager (depends on your recording needs) or a third party call recording server. There is also the possibility to use the Cisco Media Sense for a built in bridge recording.

Gabriel.

I can confirm that putting any kind of real volume through this UCCX recording (say, > 200 calls/day) is a very bad idea.  On top of the storage concerns, there is also the fact that the CSD GUI can't handle a large number of items.  It's just no optimized to scale like that.  To get a true 100% recording solution, we went with a third party solution that uses port mirroring at the network level instead.

Google helped figure out what a PDI case is.(from G. Pande's previous response)  I don't work for a Cisco partner, so can't help there.  I agree with the technical concerns above.  Our environment is small enough and we are controlling the use such that it will not impact the overall service provided by UCCX.  Agreed others should consider the limitations before implementing the workflow group based auto recording solution in a production system.

The complete recording under uccx 8.5 with the help of CAD:

Any restriction for above recoding feature?

Does the CAD ( the PC ) must need to connect to the agent phone pc port?

If using the CAD through a Citrix, does it still work?

Back to the original question, does it really support complete recording ( both inbound and outbonud call from the agent phones) 

Hi Yue Bun Yuen,

The complete recording under uccx 8.5 with the help of CAD:

Any restriction for above recoding feature?

Answer:There is a space limit in the UCCX server (2.6 GB allocated in each node of UCCX)

, once it fills up that limit it starts overwriting it. If you hae HA setup than the space allocated for Recording gets douled.

Unless recordings are tagged for an extended lifetime, they are automatically deleted

after seven days.If a recording is tagged for the 30-day extended lifetime, it will not be deleted until that

30-day period expires. If you delete it manually before the 30-day period expires, it is

deleted in the next folder cleanup. Cleanups run daily at midnight.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/user/guide/csd85ccxug-cm.pdf

Please refer the section "Exporting Recordings From CAD" on page 43 onwards in the below link,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/troubleshooting/guide/cad85ccxtg-cm.pdf

Does the CAD ( the PC ) must need to connect to the agent phone pc port?

Answer:Yes, it has to be connected this way only i.e.daisy chain connection, need to enable th span to PC port.

If using the CAD through a Citrix, does it still work?

Answer: Refer the thred below,

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/269322

Back  to the original question, does it really support complete recording (  both inbound and outbonud call from the agent phones) 

Answer: Will search and get back.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

Hi Anchoudh,

Thanks for information.

>> Unless recordings are tagged for an extended lifetime, they are automatically deleted

after seven days.If a recording is tagged for the 30-day extended lifetime, it will not be deleted until that

30-day period expires. If you delete it manually before the 30-day period expires, it is

deleted in the next folder cleanup. Cleanups run daily at midnight.

:: As the raw files can be exported, it means I can schedule the exporting task every 7 days (the server will delete the files for me every seven days). I can have a completed recording audo raw files. But the raw2wav utility is requested for change to wav file format.

>>Does the CAD ( the PC ) must need to connect to the agent phone pc port?

Answer:Yes, it has to be connected this way only i.e.daisy chain connection, need to enable th span to PC port

::The UCCX SRND mention that using UCCX recording feature, you can using

1. Desktop Spaning Recording  (PC and phone must be in daisy chain connection)

2. SPAN-Base recording ( span the agent phone voice vlan to the UCCX server port, in UCCX 7, 2 NIC ports are supported, one for normal data traffic, another NIC for span all the agent phone voice data for recording. BUT IN UCCX 8 in UCS server, only one NIC port is supported. No second port for spanning concern, how to using the span-base recording in UCCX 8. I cannot find any document taking about it. What the setting in the UCCX 8 is requested?)

If the CAD runing in Citrix, I believe the SPAN-Base recording is requested. But does it still work under this environment as the CAD in Cirtix is not a physical OS, it cannot be said PC and agent phonne is in daisy chain connectin)

Just want to clarify using the SPAN-Base recording, does the PC and Agents phone to be in daisy chain connection??

Complete recording is supported? I recheck the release note, there is a limited number of the recording stearm for each class of server and uccx version. Even you haven't excessed the limited number. I believe it cannot be said a complete recording solution. As you can using the Workflow to start recording at the call answer state. How about if the agent need to call out client by using the agent line. The recording will not start automatically, You need manual active the recording by yourself. It is a on demand one.

Hi Yue Bun Yuen,

1. Please refer the section "Exporting Recordings From CAD" on page 43 onwards in the below link,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/troubleshooting/guide/cad85ccxtg-cm.pdf

2. SPAN based recording is different from CAD\CSD invoked on-demand recording.

Please refe the below link for more inofrmation on the SPAN based recording.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801a62a8.shtml

3.Recording Count

The maximum number of simultaneous sessions that are supported with this system configuration. This value cannot be greater than the number of seats. This is a mandatory field.

Note :Standard license package does not support recording. Premium package license supports recording, however, when you upgrade from Standard to Premium license package, you need to manually change this recording count to a suitable value based on the hardware type to enable recording functionality.

Please refer the "Table 7.Reference Capacities for Inbound and Blended Inbound and Outbound Systems" in the below Data sheet.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/custcosw/ps5693/ps1846/data_sheet_c78-629807.html

Note: Yes the recording count differs from hardware to hardware.

Also please dont forget to rate all the helpful posts by clicking on the stars below each of the right answers !!

Hope it helps.

Anand

Hi Anchoudh,

2. As I know the span based recording in the uccx version 7 is not an on-demand recording. You just need to span the agent phone voice data to the recording port of the UCCX server provided that the agent must be login in the UCCX. Both inbound and outbound calls can be recorded. But for UCCX version 8, there is not such cisco configuration guide.

Below link mention that the primary nic will be used for recording.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3516133#3516133

Hi All,

The recording of all calls is not supported since this is a Calabrio recommendation. The idea is that UCCX provides this only as an add-on feature, and this is not what it is actually meant for. Therefore, for recording all calls in a high-call-volume environment, you can use the Calabrio products available for recording etc.

And about the space for recordings, please find this snippet from the SRND:

"The amount of disk storage allocated for recordings on a single server non high availability deployment of Cisco Unified CCX is 2.6 GB. On a two server high availability deployment of Cisco Unified CCX, the recordings are alternated between the two servers in a round robin fashion to provide load balancing and redundancy. Hence the amount of disk storage allocated on each server is 1.3 GB."

However in the 8.5(1)SU3, UCCX will have 2.6GB per node for storing recordings.

Regards,

Abhiram Kramadhati

Hi Yue Bun Yuen,

Yes, you are right. From UCCX 8.x series onwards there is no option to specidically select secondary NIC for SPAN recording as it used to be in Windows world.

Also please don't forget to rate all the helpful posts by clicking on the stars below each of the right answers !!

Thanks,

Anand

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: