LMS 4.1 Live Graph-it Issues

Unanswered Question
Mar 26th, 2012

Hello Community,

I have a problem with "Live Graph-it" . For any device I choose to see a live graph I always get a message "Request Timed out. Device xxx may be down". HistoGraphs from Device Center, don't seem to have any problem.

In Live Graph-It, especially for InterfaceUtilization, I never see all the device interfaces in the drop-down menu of "Available Instances".

All devices are correctly managed and snmp queries to the devices are working.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Katerina

I have this problem too.
1 vote
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Average Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
katerina.dardoufa Thu, 04/26/2012 - 07:27

We installed the latest patches, in order to fix some other problems we were facing. The patches fixed neither

We have now opened a case... Lets wait and see...

katerina.dardoufa Thu, 05/03/2012 - 00:56

Not yet

We have opened a few cases and we are trying to solve them according to significance.

I will update this post as soon as something new comes up...

katerina.dardoufa Wed, 06/13/2012 - 01:17

Hello,

we finally opened a case for Live Graph-it, after having solved more pressuring issues.

The first approach, which didn't work in our case, was to change a value in NMSROOT/hum/conf upm_snmp.properties file.

Change the value snmp.v2cTov1Fallback from true to false.

First stop daemon, change value, start daemon, delete devices from LMS, remove pollers (I hadn't configured any), readd devices to hum (? aren't they added when they are rediscovered ?), reconfigure pollers, check live-graph it.

I did the above for only a couple of devices (because I didn't want to delete the whole database), but it didn't work (maybe it will work for someone else)...

I will keep updating the post, with anything new.

katerina.dardoufa Tue, 06/19/2012 - 22:58

Hello,

according to TAC we have encountered a bug: 'CSCtx27052 SNMP credentials passed as public for Live Graph'

The second approach was to stop the service, backup upmplr.jar (under /MDC/tomcat/webapps/upm/WEB-INF/lib) and replace it with a new patch. Then start the service. Unfortunately this didn't work either.

What I see (and I am not sure if I had encountered it before) is that when I stop/start the services and run Live Graph-it for a device, I do get an output. If I try to run it for any other device (except the first one I chose) I get the message "Request timed out". If I run the graph for the original device again, it still works!

Has anyone seen this before?

rakhmadianpurnama Mon, 07/23/2012 - 02:13

Hi katerina,

Btw, thanks for your effort. I already solved my case with rename the device identity. It seems no relation, but it works for me.

I'll try your solution.

Martin Ermel Fri, 06/29/2012 - 07:55

Great that your issue is solved and that you updated this threat with all the details. Now, if you could also provide the MD5 checksum of the upmplr.jar file that works for you, others can use it to verify if they get the correct version of this file when opening a TAC case.

katerina.dardoufa Wed, 07/11/2012 - 04:53

Sorry for the late response.

The MD5 checksum of the upmplr.jar is:

8C68564F3CAFDB10CC15697670FFEA3E

Kind Regards,

Katerina

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted March 26, 2012 at 1:31 AM
Stats:
Replies:12 Avg. Rating:5
Views:1209 Votes:1
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard

Rank Username Points
1 2,483
2 1,624
3 1,445
4 861
5 578