Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.1 Live Graph-it Issues

Hello Community,

I have a problem with "Live Graph-it" . For any device I choose to see a live graph I always get a message "Request Timed out. Device xxx may be down". HistoGraphs from Device Center, don't seem to have any problem.

In Live Graph-It, especially for InterfaceUtilization, I never see all the device interfaces in the drop-down menu of "Available Instances".

All devices are correctly managed and snmp queries to the devices are working.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Katerina

12 Replies 12

I got the same problem, is there any solution to solve this case ?

Feels like a bug to me...

Going to open a TAC case. I'll let you know if anything comes up!

Oh thanks,

I think we should install LMS patches first.

We installed the latest patches, in order to fix some other problems we were facing. The patches fixed neither

We have now opened a case... Lets wait and see...

Dear katerina,

Have you got the solution from Cisco for this case ?

Not yet

We have opened a few cases and we are trying to solve them according to significance.

I will update this post as soon as something new comes up...

Hello,

we finally opened a case for Live Graph-it, after having solved more pressuring issues.

The first approach, which didn't work in our case, was to change a value in NMSROOT/hum/conf upm_snmp.properties file.

Change the value snmp.v2cTov1Fallback from true to false.

First stop daemon, change value, start daemon, delete devices from LMS, remove pollers (I hadn't configured any), readd devices to hum (? aren't they added when they are rediscovered ?), reconfigure pollers, check live-graph it.

I did the above for only a couple of devices (because I didn't want to delete the whole database), but it didn't work (maybe it will work for someone else)...

I will keep updating the post, with anything new.

Hello,

according to TAC we have encountered a bug: 'CSCtx27052 SNMP credentials passed as public for Live Graph'

The second approach was to stop the service, backup upmplr.jar (under /MDC/tomcat/webapps/upm/WEB-INF/lib) and replace it with a new patch. Then start the service. Unfortunately this didn't work either.

What I see (and I am not sure if I had encountered it before) is that when I stop/start the services and run Live Graph-it for a device, I do get an output. If I try to run it for any other device (except the first one I chose) I get the message "Request timed out". If I run the graph for the original device again, it still works!

Has anyone seen this before?

The solution was provided by TAC. Latest upmplr.jar file.

Regards,

Katerina

Great that your issue is solved and that you updated this threat with all the details. Now, if you could also provide the MD5 checksum of the upmplr.jar file that works for you, others can use it to verify if they get the correct version of this file when opening a TAC case.

Sorry for the late response.

The MD5 checksum of the upmplr.jar is:

8C68564F3CAFDB10CC15697670FFEA3E

Kind Regards,

Katerina

Hi katerina,

Btw, thanks for your effort. I already solved my case with rename the device identity. It seems no relation, but it works for me.

I'll try your solution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco