Views
Helpful
Replies

UCSM 2.0(1t) doesn't like Java 1.7

Radek Kubka
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I have no luck whatsoever with starting UCSM 2.0(1t) on a Windows 2003 R2 (32-bit) machine: it says "Java 1.7 detected, Java 1.6 (or higher) required".

Release notes say: "The Cisco UCS Manager GUI is a Java-based application that requires Sun JRE 1.6 or higher"

So what's the bottom line - shall I expect UCSM 2.0 to work with Java 1.7, or not?

Regards,

Radek

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Javea 1.7 is supported on 2.0(3) releases and newer.  2.0(3) is currently avaialble for download from CCO.

Regards,

Robert

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

Radek Kubka
Level 1
Level 1

Tried this, so the UCSM application got downloaded & installed from scratch, yet the problem remains:

Radek,

What is the OS on the client you are trying to access the UCSM from?

Is the java a 32-bit or 64-bit?

What browser are you trying to launch the UCSM from?

./Abhinav

Hi Abhinav,

It's Windows 2003 R2 SE SP2 32-bit.

The browser is IE6, but the UCSM application seems to be downloading & installing fine (there is a nice shortcut to UCSM on the desktop) - it just doesn't want to start.

Regards,

Radek

Anyone with any hints (other than downgading JRE, which I'd like to avoid)?

Radek,

How about upgrading UCSM to 2.01w :-)

There is a known internal defect which causes UCSM to fail with JRE 1.7 and is fixed in 2.0.1w and above version.

To isolate the cause, can you try launching UCSM from a system running JRE 1.6 and verify the behavior ?

Padma

I'm running 2.01(w) and just updated my Win7 x64 machine to Java 1.7 from 1.6 and now UCSM is broken with the same error posted above.  I've cleaned the Java cache, uninstalled/reinstalled JRE with no success. It seems Oracle has removed downloads for JRE 1.6 so downgrading isn't an option anymore.  Is 1.7 really supposed to work with UCSM 2.01(w)?

Win7 SP1 x64 launching from IE9

-- Adam

Java 7 is not currently supported on any releases including UCSM 2.0(2q), 2.0(1x) or earlier.  Support will be built into the upcoming 2.1 release later this year, and possibly backwards patched into UCS 2.0(2) and 2.0(1) software trains..

For now the requirement is for Java 1.6

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/archive-139210.html

Regards,

Robert

Hi Robert,

I know this thread is a little stale.

There is the ability to directy download older versions of the Java JRE from the java.com site.

http://java.com/en/download/manual_v6.jsp

This should tide everyone over until 1.7 is supported.

Kris

Thanks for the direct like Kris - much easier!

1.7 support will be in Del Mar (2.1) and beyond.

Rob

alahirisymc
Level 1
Level 1

Even with java 1.6 I get the error:

com.sun.deploy.net.JARSigningException: Found unsigned entry in resource: https://x.x.x.x/ucsm/unpacked/OfficeLnFs_2.7.jar

I am running java 1.6.0_33.

Did you remove Java 1.7 before/after installing Jave 1.6?

Java 1.7 should be completely removed

In Control Panel > Java, do you have the keep temporary files setting enabled in Temporary Internet Files? I was able to replicate the error you're seeing by disabling temporary files in java 1.6.

mick-kehoe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Radek,

I assume you and I are in the same boat.... Cisco UCSM needs 1.6 and Netapp tools require 1.7.... Bloody annoying....

Still no fix...??

mick

Javea 1.7 is supported on 2.0(3) releases and newer.  2.0(3) is currently avaialble for download from CCO.

Regards,

Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: