cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with SPA 303 Voicemail setup

dortiz357
Level 1
Level 1

I have been trying this for days and I have been searching for a solution all over the internet but can't figure this out. I am trying to simply setup the voicemail on the phone so that when people call and no one answers, the voicemail can pick up and callers can leave a message. The problem is when I press the voicemail key and login to the voicemail box portal. I have four options: "record name" press 3, "change passcode" press 8, "exit voiceportal", press 9, to repeat the menu, press hash key. None of these allow me to setup the voicemail or configure it. When I press the voicemail key the phone dials *62. Then the screen displays "voiceportal voiceportal, 9999". I type in the passcode and then I get those four options I just stated.

Please Help.

Thanks in Advance.

1 Reply 1

rbordner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dan,

After reading your post, it appears that the dtmf from pressing 3, or 8, or 9, # on the phone are not being recognised from your service provider. Please check if the service provider supports inband or out of band DTMF and the method they support.

The phones default DTMF Tx Method is Auto

Login to phone admin/advanced and go to EXt 1 page

Audio settings -> DTMF Tx Method:

The options available are:

InBand <--try setting this option

AVT

Info

Auto

InBand+INFO

AVT+INFO

Regards,

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: