Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco WiSM LAG

Dear all,

I have upgraded my 6500 switch and the configuration on the ports of the WiSM has been gone, i am unable to access those ports to join them to the port-channel.

i am trying to disable the LAG feature to be able to access the ports, but i am issuing the command

(Cisco Controller) >config lag disable

Incorrect usage.  Use the '?' or <TAB> key to list commands.

any idea.

thanx in advance

8 Replies 8

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Were your sups at SXH code level and you went tot SXI or above?

If you did and your config was manually done (not auto lag) they go poof, the config deletes once you go to SHI or above ... You need to do autoloag on your SUPs to fix this ...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

many thanx for your reply.

actually this is exactly what happened.

so what to do now, and how to do the autoloag on the SUPs.

I knew I should have posted this blog post about this ... I will get that out this week..

Anyway, here I blogged about auto lag... You need to reconfig the WISM with autoloag. I blogged about auto lag  here ...

http://www.my80211.com/home/2009/11/20/wism-auto-lag-feature.html

Please rate helpful post ... I can tell you this tool me 6 hours to figure out and tested over and over again ...And opened 2 tac cases...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

my friend,

actually i think that these commands are applied as follows:

wism module 11 controller 1 native-vlan 40

wism module 11 controller 2 native-vlan 40

wism module 11 controller 1 qos-trust dscp

wism module 11 controller 2 qos-trust dscp

and still i cant do nothing.

please advice

Well your commands are relevant to what vlans you have ...

What is your management vlan and are you tagging it ? Also what other vlans are you using ?

While those are correct you need to setup the WiSM service-vlan command as well.

wism module 11 controller 1 service-vlan

wism module 11 controller 2 service-vlan

without a valid service-vlan the WiSM's will not come up.

I am having the same problem.  When I apply the commands for auto lag, it generates port-channels 400, but the po interfaces show as administrately down.  When I try to enable them, it doesn't recognize the port channels.

Silly me.  I was untagging vlans when I shouldn't have.  My stuff is slowly starting to come back.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: