we observe the following problem if provisioning the SPA122 for bridge mode:
1. SPA122 factory default, FW 1.1.0(011)
2. SPA122 gets config file (XML) with:
- this should set it to "bridge" mode
3. SPA122 gets online but is not bridging between the "ETHERNET" (Yellow) port and the "INTERNET" (Blue) port, if we connect a host to the "ETHERNET" (Yellow) port we can not pass traffic to the lan segment connected to the "INTERNET" (Blue) port.
4. if now the "Bridge" setting is acknowledged from the Webif (Network Setup --> Network Service --> Submit) the SPA122 boots
5. and afterwards is working as expected (hence the "inside" and "outside" networks are bridged = belong to the same L2 domain)
my expectation would be that step 5. happens directly after step 2.
we observed a similar problem with the former FW 1.0.2(006)
We have addressed this Bridge Mode provisioning issue in the latest pre-release of the SPA122 firmware.
Please open a case with our support center who can then provide v1.2.0(022) firmware to you.
Information can be found at the following website:
Cisco Systems, Inc