Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.2 design guide

Javier Glaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am designing a new Cisco ACS rollout. I have 8 servers to work with. I wanted to know if there is any kind of limitation regarding the size of a cluster of servers. Is there any official recommendation? The servers can be geographically dispersed? What should be the WAN delay in order to have the cluster working fine? I have been looking for a good design guide for Cisco ACS 5.2 and couldn't find nothing in the Cisco site. (Apart from the User guide, Installation and upgrade guide, and deployment guide). The Security SRNDs don't have much about ACS.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Best Regards,

Javier

2 Replies 2

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Javier,

Please reach out to your account team in order to get the most efficient response to your questions, the deployment of 8 ACS servers is too vague, it depends on the WAN design, how many endpoints, if this is for tacacs, radius, or both, also the type of authentication protocols you will be using (eap-fast, eap-tls, peap...etc).

Thanks,

tarik Admani

Hi Tarik,

That's why I was asking for a good design guide available in the CCO since I couldn't find one. I was not asking for help with the design but someone pointing me for a good design document about this.

Regards,

Javier

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: