Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.3 Remote database settings in monitoring & reporting

ajay pandey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am configuring new ACS 1121 appliance with version 5.3 and wanted to know does someone has configured Remote Database settings in ACS5.3

Is that necessary to configure that option ?

If somone can tell something more about this it will be great.

Also one more thing I can see that ACS 5.3 genertes lots of logs is there any solution to reduce such logs. It seems many unuseful logs which are system related are getting logged into device which might no be good for memeory requirments of device.

Could somone suggets which has installed device ?

Regards

Ajay

6 Replies 6

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Remote Databas settings is used to integrate ACS with an oracle or sql database to generate reports in your environment.

If you are worried about the logs being generated it would be best to setup the removal and backup configuration and point your acs to either a ftp or nfs repostoring.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

I have noticed that ACS publishes monitoring and reports logs to external database only from the date that Remote Database Settings have been configured on the ACS.

Is it possible to publish all the monitoring and reports logs from ACS to external remote database?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Could you please let me know if you had configured external database. how it can be configured in detail.

I also need to implement external database for reporting purpose. Your help is really appreciated.

Regards

Ajay

For the Monitoring and Reports external DB settings:

DB user should have rights:

db_owner , db_datareader, db_datawriter

I mean could you see those reports from external DB once you data is send to external DB ?

Regards

Ajay

Yes, exported data from ACS can be seen in external DB.

BR,

Vesna

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: