Views
Helpful
Replies

mac address filtering database

pwc_mexico
Level 1
Level 1

Hi :

Somebody could help me, l have implemented mac filtering auth on my wireless network, l have 2 WLC ( 1 WLC 5508 and 1 WLC 4402, and

I wonder if you can migrate the mac address database of a WLC to another and how can l do this.

One W

Thanks for your help.

4 Replies 4

daviwatk
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

You can "view" your macfilter list on the current WLC with

> show macfilter summary

You could then script out adding them to your WLC.

Also; and probably easier

>show run-config commands

Find the section that has your macfilter statements and copy them out and paste to the new WLC.

>show run-config commands

macfilter add XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX 0 management Test

From the config> prompt

>config
config>macfilter add

Just paste in the list you have.

David W.

David:

Ur answer is great. Thank u.

I never needed to migrate Mac addresses but also never came to my mind the idea of show-run commands.

For the script thing, how can that be done?

Do u mea terminal program script? Or shell script?

If the latter I appreciate if u write very simple sample about how to do it.

Thanks.

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Any method you want for scripting. You could use PHP and make a ssh connection to the WLC or you could simply copy paste all the commands into a notepad doc and then copy paste to the WLC. A bash script could be used as well.

The shell script isn't the hard part, google will help you there. The harder part is getting the data out of the WLC.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Blake:

I understand some of what u say.

But if I am using windows for example or if I am doing sash from another Cisco device how can I employ the script?

If using Linux bash script will be very useful. Although not an expert, but I think she'd or awk will be very useful to extract the data. Right?

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: