call pickup and caller id behavior

Unanswered Question
Mar 28th, 2012

Hi,

Following setup:

Ext - 1000

Display internal ID: User - 1

ASCII internal caller id: Company XYZ

When 1000 calls out to PSTN, the destination party correctly sees Display as "Company XYZ".

When 1000 calls internal, the destination party correctly sees Display as "User - 1".

When someone internally/externally calls ext 1000 and there are other users in the call-pickup group, they see on their phone:

- Caller Name -> Company XYZ.

Requirement is to see the following on the Call pickup display while maintaining the display on external calls as "Company XYZ".

-  Caller Name --> User - 1.

I tried various combinations in CCM 4.1 and 8.0, found same results as explained above.

It seems to be working as design however I've a client who wants to display the actuall internall called party's name in the Call pickup while retaining the Company Name for external calls.

The Gateway is MGCP/PRI and there are different groups wiithin the same company who displayes different Company name for external calls, so I can't really ask the Telco to put the Company Name as "Company XYZ".

Any ideas?

Thanks

Kapil

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
kapilatrish Wed, 03/28/2012 - 11:09

Yes, I tried various combinations. Tried putting AlphaNumeric characters and only alphabets but same result.

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted March 28, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Stats:
Replies:2 Avg. Rating:
Views:175 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard

Rank Username Points
1 21,046