cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UBRL on an IOS Router

HUBERT RESCH
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all, I am looking for a way how to perform UBRL User Based Rate Limiting on ASR1000 like we can do it on Catalyst6500?

Any idea ?

Thx

Hubert

4 Replies 4

rsimoni
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Hubert,

unfortunately UBRL is not available for ASR1k. The feature, the way is implemented on cat6k, relies a lot on the cat6k hardware, that is the reason why it is not on other platforms.

By the way it is not even in the BU radar to have it or a similar feature available.

What you have is MQC QoS.

Riccardo

Hi Ricardo, in the meantime its also supported on the catalyst 4500 with SUP 7  as flow based policing.

KR Hubert

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12.2/15.02SG/configuration/guide/qos.html#wp1371348

Hi Hubert,

yes it is, but the cat4500 is another hardware platform (like the Cat6k, the C7600, Nexus etc.); I thought you were asking for a similar feature for IOS based (software based) routers instead.

Riccardo

Sorry to wake up a dead thread, but has UBRL support been added over the past years to ASR-1000 or ASR1001-X platforms? I know they perform QoS in hardware so it should be possible.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco