cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CW LMS 4.0 DCR Issue prohibiting display of Device Additions page!

michael.taylor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Fellow Networkers,

I'm currently building a LMS 4.0 solution (en route to v4.1) on Windows 2008 R1 Enterprise 6.0 (Build 6002) within VMWare ESXi 4.1.  Both the server and LMS is fully patched.  When traversing Getting Started clicking on Device Additions results in a pale blue empty page.

The only indication of an issue exists in the DCRClient log file:

[ Wed Mar 28 11:36:59 BST 2012 ] [TP-Processor3] FATAL com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRDatabaseAccess - Severe error in DCRDatabaseAccess initialization - JZ006: Caught IOException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect 0 JZ006

[ Wed Mar 28 11:36:59 BST 2012 ] [TP-Processor3] FATAL com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRSystem - Unable to Instantiate DCRDataManagement ObjectJZ006: Caught IOException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

java.sql.SQLException: JZ006: Caught IOException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.ErrorMessage.raiseError(ErrorMessage.java:533)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.ErrorMessage.raiseErrorCheckDead(ErrorMessage.java:837)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.tds.Tds.handleIOE(Tds.java:3558)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.tds.Tds.handleIOE(Tds.java:3503)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.tds.Tds.login(Tds.java:421)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnection.tryLogin(SybConnection.java:247)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnection.regularConnect(SybConnection.java:223)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnection.<init>(SybConnection.java:198)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnection.<init>(SybConnection.java:132)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver.connect(SybDriver.java:179)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:582)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:154)

at com.cisco.nm.cmf.dbservice2.DBConnection.<init>(DBConnection.java:224)

at com.cisco.nm.cmf.dbservice2.DBConnection.<init>(DBConnection.java:107)

at com.cisco.nm.cmf.dbservice2.DBUtil.getDBConnection(DBUtil.java:29)

at com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRDatabaseAccess.createConnection(DCRDatabaseAccess.java:199)

at com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRDatabaseAccess.<init>(DCRDatabaseAccess.java:162)

at com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRDataManagement.<init>(DCRDataManagement.java:117)

at com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRSystem.initializeSubSystems(DCRSystem.java:200)

at com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRSystem.<init>(DCRSystem.java:118)

at com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRSystem.getInstance_DIRECT_ACCESS(DCRSystem.java:325)

at com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRProxy.createDirectDCRProxy(DCRProxy.java:2194)

at com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRProxy.enableDirectAccess(DCRProxy.java:2259)

at com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRProxy.<init>(DCRProxy.java:129)

at com.cisco.nm.gs.ui.helper.GSHelper.getMultiServerDCR(GSHelper.java:651)

at com.cisco.nm.gs.ui.helper.GSBeanHandler.populateCommonDetails(GSBeanHandler.java:101)

at com.cisco.nm.gs.ui.actions.IntroductionAction.viewGSIntroduction(IntroductionAction.java:58)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at org.apache.struts.actions.DispatchAction.perform(DispatchAction.java:236)

at com.cisco.nm.gs.ui.actions.GSInterceptor.perform(GSInterceptor.java:167)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionPerform(ActionServlet.java:1786)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1585)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:491)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:627)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:659)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:457)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:395)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:311)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionForward(ActionServlet.java:1758)

at com.cisco.nm.uii.UIIController.processActionForward(UIIController.java:380)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1595)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:491)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:627)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)

at com.cisco.nm.cmf.util.AjaxAccessFilter.doFilter(AjaxAccessFilter.java:189)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)

at com.cisco.nm.cmf.util.AccessLogFilter.doFilter(AccessLogFilter.java:128)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)

at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:200)

at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:291)

at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:775)

at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:704)

at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:897)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Currently the DCR is empty; therefore reinitialisation is an option.  Once resolved, my intention is up upgrade to 4.1.

The attached pdshow output appears to be clear of any issues. The server has been restarted and crmdmgdt restarted.

Recommended next steps would be much appreciated.

Thank you in anticipation

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

you can try the following:

shutdown dmgt:  net stop crmdmgtd

reset the database passwords:  

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\bin\perl.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\bin\dbpasswd.pl" -all

restart dmgtd: net start crmdmgtd

2 points to mention;

LMS 4.1 can be installed directly, without the need of having installed LMS 4.0 or LMS 4.0.1 on the system before;

you need a new license file for LMS 4.1 (which is free of charge if you have valid SAS contract)

View solution in original post

I would have better opted to install LMS 4.1 clean on the system. You can try to reinitialize all the DB's as per once :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8796

Though I see a lot of errors in Install, hence for long run a clean install of LMS 4.1, if that is where you wnat to go finally is the goal and you dont have any devices/data to loose currently. Following are some errors :

ng.ootb.util.OOTBImportManager

Error - No current logger set

Returning default Console logger implementation

032453 SdiEngine@213: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

INFO - com.cisco.nm.rmeng.util.db.DatabaseConnectionPool,getConnection

Testing httpd.conf....

Errors reported here must be corrected before the service can be started.

-----File Permissions Errors Protocol

Writing to Database ---> CREATE TABLE TISDataCollectorStatus ( DeviceID BIGINT NOT NULL, SenderName VARCHAR(10) NOT NULL, ErrorCode

SMALLINT, ErrorMessage VARCHAR(512), ResponseAt BIGINT, FOREIGN KEY fk (DeviceID) REFERENCES TISDevice (DeviceID) ON DELETE CASCADE

ON UPDATE CASCADE)

Either the Install log is incomplete or i dont see any Installation Completed message on this. So I doubt this install to be good and hence would recommend a fresh install for LMS 4.1 and please follow this document for windows install:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9132

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

michael.taylor
Level 1
Level 1

Attached is the absent installation log.

you can try the following:

shutdown dmgt:  net stop crmdmgtd

reset the database passwords:  

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\bin\perl.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\bin\dbpasswd.pl" -all

restart dmgtd: net start crmdmgtd

2 points to mention;

LMS 4.1 can be installed directly, without the need of having installed LMS 4.0 or LMS 4.0.1 on the system before;

you need a new license file for LMS 4.1 (which is free of charge if you have valid SAS contract)

I would have better opted to install LMS 4.1 clean on the system. You can try to reinitialize all the DB's as per once :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8796

Though I see a lot of errors in Install, hence for long run a clean install of LMS 4.1, if that is where you wnat to go finally is the goal and you dont have any devices/data to loose currently. Following are some errors :

ng.ootb.util.OOTBImportManager

Error - No current logger set

Returning default Console logger implementation

032453 SdiEngine@213: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

INFO - com.cisco.nm.rmeng.util.db.DatabaseConnectionPool,getConnection

Testing httpd.conf....

Errors reported here must be corrected before the service can be started.

-----File Permissions Errors Protocol

Writing to Database ---> CREATE TABLE TISDataCollectorStatus ( DeviceID BIGINT NOT NULL, SenderName VARCHAR(10) NOT NULL, ErrorCode

SMALLINT, ErrorMessage VARCHAR(512), ResponseAt BIGINT, FOREIGN KEY fk (DeviceID) REFERENCES TISDevice (DeviceID) ON DELETE CASCADE

ON UPDATE CASCADE)

Either the Install log is incomplete or i dont see any Installation Completed message on this. So I doubt this install to be good and hence would recommend a fresh install for LMS 4.1 and please follow this document for windows install:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9132

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

you are seeing the word "error" but this does not necessarily mean an installation error...

With what you have listed, I don't agree that these are errors which would affect the installation as a whole.

I agree, that the installation log seems not to be complete, but the services are started successfully and the DCRClient.log points to problems with database access. So I would recommend to reset the db passwords first, before doing any other steps (like installing LMS 4.1 ...)

michael.taylor
Level 1
Level 1

Gentlemen,

Your input was appreciated and TAC concurred with your suggestion. Having added LMS 4.x to our Smartnet contract I installed Cisco Prime LMS 4.2 onto a new Windows 2008 R2 build.

I was subsequently forbidden from logging into LMS because the default Cisco casuser password failed to comply with the password policy requirements (presumably inherent in Windows 2008).  This was resolved by manually increasing the password length from 10 to 12 alphanumerics.

A change of SNMP community string was also required because LMS strips trailing alphanumerics after and including an underscore "_".

Finally I had to undertake a dbrestoreorig of my ani database to recover my Topology.

Otherwise, my install is operating to expectations.

Thanks again

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco