Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

New to networking - SGE2010P VLAN

Answered Question

Hi my name is Rey Capoy.  I am new to networking and got a task of configuring an SGE2010P.  Our client wants us to configure mulitple VLANs on their network. I have attached a raw diagram on their network. The bottom part of the diagram shows netgear switches and on the left side is an access point.  Each neatgear switch belongs to a particular department. So the first neatgear switch will be VLAN2 and the last netgeer switch will be VLAN6. The access point can be VLAN7. I was able to login to the web interface and create sample VLAN, then play with the ports but I can't get them to work. I have ask some friends and said that I will create a VLAN then assign IP address like 192.168.2.0/24 255.255.225.0.  I was just wondering if how can I assign these values to a particular VLAN using the GUI or do I have to go to the CLI? I am bump into the wall right now.

Thank you very much.

Correct Answer by V K Moorthy about 5 years 4 months ago

HI Rey Capoy,

kindly go through the below admin guide :Under bridging menu it mentioned how ot configure the VLAN.

see the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/csbms/sfe2000/administration/guide/SFE-SGE2xxx_Admin_Guide.pdf

regards

Moorthy

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion