Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5: UUI field

m.mei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

just a quick question (not for me as I have lack od knowledge on UCCX)

We have to redirect a call from UCCX to an external resource, via ISDN. As the ISDN is the only connection provided, we have to transfer some information in the UsertoUserInformation field (is. call identification or key, ANI,...).

Is it possible to populate the UUI and to send the information through the network untill the ISDN target (or ISDN voice gateway)?

Regards

Mario

6 Replies 6

I am fairly certain that would have to be handled by the call controller (i.e. the PBX) (i.e. the CUCM).  Those setting can be configured in the Route Pattern in CUCM.

Chris

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am not aware of any easy way to insert/override/replace the information sent in UUIE. This information is seen and transmitted by CUCM but cannot be changed (at least not the way you would like it, for instance, inserting a customer number etc).

Does transmitting information over IP sound like a workaround to you?

G.

Hi, 

thank you for your response. 

About your answer. 

Using CCM I am not sure that is possible to define and set a global key, thatis used to correlate the calls sent to ISDN external devices 

We cannot use ip as the requirement is to have a ISDN between the UCCX an external devices (outsourcer not integrated for instance). UUI is used to send some information and a correlation key generated inside UCCX.

I was thinking to use IVR script. Do you know if it is possible to set UUI field and if it content is mantained in the SIP header for the outgoing call?

Thanks

Mario

Hi,

I am not aware of any UCCX script step that would allow changing the UUI field (since CUCM and UCCX talk using JTAPI I am not sure whether the UUI field can be intercepted by UCCX at all but somebody correct me if I am wrong).

G.

This is not possible, you're in the wrong layer all together.  What you're trying to get at is more protocol level information.  How I've seen this tackled, is to pass DTMF from one location to the next.  The other way would be if there was a common data source available where both sides could update/retrieve from in order to exchange information.

david

m.mei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

this is a lack, as we are proposing UCCX to replace exsisting CTI that allows it.

Unfortunately, the only way the customer accepts to transfer information to outsourcer (for their security lines) is through UUI.

Talking with cisco eng. they guaranteed the functionality in UCCE with CVP (CVP forwards the UUI field in SIP header on out calls as I understood).

Regards

Mario