UCS Firmware Question

Unanswered Question
Mar 29th, 2012

Hi:

Just want a definitive answer to the following question:

1. If my FInterconnect and IOM are having a "lower' firmware version than my UCS Blades (CIMC, BIOS & Adapter) assuning they are all at 1.4(3#) level, will the FI "upgrade" the firmwares on UCS Blade automatically?

2. If my FInterconnect and IOM are having a "higher' firmware version than my UCS Blades (CIMC, BIOS & Adapter) assuning they are all at 1.4(3#) level, will the FI "downgrade" the firmwares on UCS Blade automatically?

I remember someone from Cisco told me before that the downgrade or upgrade will happen automatically or I am wrong.

Thanks.

SiM

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Jeremy Waldrop Fri, 03/30/2012 - 02:48

No, the only automatic firmware upgrade/downgrade is with the IOM modules. If you install a new chassis that has older/newer firmware than the Fabric Interconnects the IOM will be upgraded/downgraded to match.

ciscoucsisit Fri, 03/30/2012 - 02:56

Jeremy:

Greatly appreciated. I know some cisco folks are always there. i will try to remember that is only for IOM ny heart.

May I know what is the Correct Answer icon is for below the post?

SiM

roberbur Fri, 03/30/2012 - 04:51

The Correct Answers icon is to highlight a response to a Post that was marked by the Poster as helpful.   

We appreciate it when people respond to quesitons, that the person who posts the question (or even others) mark them with a star rating.

Robert

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted March 29, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Stats:
Replies:7 Avg. Rating:
Views:682 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.
Categories: General UCS Hardware
+