Helpful
Replies

UCS Firmware Question

K P SIM
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

Just want a definitive answer to the following question:

1. If my FInterconnect and IOM are having a "lower' firmware version than my UCS Blades (CIMC, BIOS & Adapter) assuning they are all at 1.4(3#) level, will the FI "upgrade" the firmwares on UCS Blade automatically?

2. If my FInterconnect and IOM are having a "higher' firmware version than my UCS Blades (CIMC, BIOS & Adapter) assuning they are all at 1.4(3#) level, will the FI "downgrade" the firmwares on UCS Blade automatically?

I remember someone from Cisco told me before that the downgrade or upgrade will happen automatically or I am wrong.

Thanks.

SiM

7 Replies 7

Jeremy Waldrop
Level 4
Level 4

No, the only automatic firmware upgrade/downgrade is with the IOM modules. If you install a new chassis that has older/newer firmware than the Fabric Interconnects the IOM will be upgraded/downgraded to match.

Jeremy:

Greatly appreciated. I know some cisco folks are always there. i will try to remember that is only for IOM ny heart.

May I know what is the Correct Answer icon is for below the post?

SiM

Not sure what you are asking? Are you referring to the starts at the bottom?

Jeremy:

I mean this:

I can't open the image, looks like a broken link

Jeremy:

Just go to

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3599950

Look under yours or other replies to me. There is an icon called Correct Answer tab.

Sorry.

SiM

The Correct Answers icon is to highlight a response to a Post that was marked by the Poster as helpful.   

We appreciate it when people respond to quesitons, that the person who posts the question (or even others) mark them with a star rating.

Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: