Helpful
Replies

UCS Firmware Question

K P SIM
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

Just want a definitive answer to the following question:

1. If my FInterconnect and IOM are having a "lower' firmware version than my UCS Blades (CIMC, BIOS & Adapter) assuning they are all at 1.4(3#) level, will the FI "upgrade" the firmwares on UCS Blade automatically?

2. If my FInterconnect and IOM are having a "higher' firmware version than my UCS Blades (CIMC, BIOS & Adapter) assuning they are all at 1.4(3#) level, will the FI "downgrade" the firmwares on UCS Blade automatically?

I remember someone from Cisco told me before that the downgrade or upgrade will happen automatically or I am wrong.

Thanks.

SiM

7 Replies 7

Jeremy Waldrop
Level 4
Level 4

No, the only automatic firmware upgrade/downgrade is with the IOM modules. If you install a new chassis that has older/newer firmware than the Fabric Interconnects the IOM will be upgraded/downgraded to match.

Jeremy:

Greatly appreciated. I know some cisco folks are always there. i will try to remember that is only for IOM ny heart.

May I know what is the Correct Answer icon is for below the post?

SiM

Not sure what you are asking? Are you referring to the starts at the bottom?

Jeremy:

I mean this:

I can't open the image, looks like a broken link

Jeremy:

Just go to

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3599950

Look under yours or other replies to me. There is an icon called Correct Answer tab.

Sorry.

SiM

The Correct Answers icon is to highlight a response to a Post that was marked by the Poster as helpful.   

We appreciate it when people respond to quesitons, that the person who posts the question (or even others) mark them with a star rating.

Robert

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card