cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Redirect in DMM

mjuarez2
Level 1
Level 1

I set up a presentation using the DMM. Each presentation has a zone that cycles various types of content, for example, image objects, flash objects, and video objects. I am currently serving all content from a server out side the DMM, and I use a redirect script in each playlist that redirects a request to a particular item depending on which screen is targeted. For example, a screen in hallway 1 wants x,y, or z slides, a or b flash, c or d video. The DMP (4400G) makes the request using the redirect script and the content is served to the target screen.

The problem is, the redirect script does not work with video. Flash and images are fine, but when a video is requested, the DMP will not play, sometimes asks for a plugin, and sometimes crashes. However, if I put the URL of the video in the playlist, the video plays without a problem.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get a redirect script to work with video in a DMM playlist?

2 Replies 2

davehorch
Level 1
Level 1

Mike, pardon the interuption..  You wrote; "

I use a redirect script in each playlist that redirects a request to a particular item depending on which screen is targeted"

How do you do that?

tia, -drh

Oh, certainly. Basically, when I add content to a playlist in the DMM, I choose a URL. The URL is a Web page with a redirect script. The parameters, eg., the target screen, content type, etc., are passed in a query string. The desired content is returned.

Thx.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: