Helpful
Replies

English vs Italian: One to Six

Arturo Bianchi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Summarize the background because it is a bit long:

DoA, temporary replacement, installation of new UC (updated with SW 8.2.0 & Italian locale pkg)!

Now, I am with a phone out of six (same model) with the soft buttons in English, even after several boot... why .

Ok, the same devices have worked some days to extreme necessity with other software / hardware UC...  but why, after boot, only 5 have gone to Italian??? What can I do on the sixth 7942 to forget the texts in English & force the download of the correct language locale????

Arturo.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Arturo,

Have you tried re-creating the CNF files?  Since the other phones are working, I would assume that the locale is loaded correctly and working.

config t

telephony-service

no create cnf-files

create cnf-files

Then factory reset the phone in question.

Thank you,

Darren

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Arturo,

Have you tried re-creating the CNF files?  Since the other phones are working, I would assume that the locale is loaded correctly and working.

config t

telephony-service

no create cnf-files

create cnf-files

Then factory reset the phone in question.

Thank you,

Darren

Darren DeCroock ha scritto:

Have you tried re-creating the CNF files?

Thanks Darren,

No I came to mind the 'rebuilding' !!!

Now I have reconstructed what happened ... eyesight problems ...  I had preloaded 8 users on the new device, and the first boot that phone did not register because I mistook a B for an 8 on its MAC!!!

Everything from CCA .... I entered and I changed the number in the MAC, but maybe I should do some manual operations like the one from you (even if from CLI). Makes me think that this is a bug in the CCA (not replace / rename the CNF file if someone changes the MAC).

Mille grazie,

Arturo.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: