cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco FEX for HP Bladesystem!

visitor68
Level 4
Level 4

I just found out that HP actually offers a Cisco FEX! This is  amazing! Has HP surrendered to Cisco?? For any Cisco networking shop, they will NO  DOUBT go with a Cisco FEX and forget all about VC, Flex-10, Flex Fabric,  etc. The FEX is easy to deploy, there's no management and it's a  perfect integration into Nexus. BUT IT LEAVES ALL OF HP's BLADE  NETWORKING PRODUCTS IN THE COLD!!

Why would HP committ such business suicide for their blade networking solutions???

5 Replies 5

siddhartham
Level 4
Level 4

I thought HP stops offering cisco interconnects (3020 and 3120) from 2010 and started building enclosures with HP Virtual connects (Flex-1/10 G).I may be wrong. Their website still shows c7000 only supports the below interconnects

HP 1/10Gbit Virtual Connect Ethernet Module

Virtual Connect Flex-10 Ethernet Module

HP 1Gb Ethernet Pass-Thru Module

CISCO Catalyst Blade Switch 3020

CISCO Catalyst Blade Switch 3120X/G

HP GbE2c Ethernet Blade Switch

HP GbE2c Layer 2/3 Ethernet Blade Switch

HP 1/10 Ethernet Blade Switch

HP 10/10 Ethernet Blade Switch

Siddhartha

Sid:

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/14138_div/14138_div.pdf

They came out with a Cisco FEX for Blade System in October 0f 2011. It's called the B22. I also noticed that they dont mention it under the Ethernet Interconnects section for the Blade System...theyre trying to be cute and "lead with HP" but theyre full of it. HP is so cowardly and self-destructive. They should have entered into a pact with Dell and IBM to NOT go crawling to Cisco....

I completely agree with you, thanks for correcting me..

Siddhartha

Dont ge me wrong, I like Cisco and have respect for them, but Im tired of their domination and everyones fear of them...

Someways you are true but these companies (Juniper, HP, Dell ) have to travel a long way to beat cisco in the routing and switching world.

Siddhartha
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card