Views
Helpful
Replies

DNS on PIX

harrisgirls
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a odd problems............if I want to go to my owa page using the dns name or external IP\DNS INSIDE my network I can never get to it.........if I put in the internal IP its fine - this is for all services internally, Im thinking it could be the PIX.

On the PIX when trying to get to the address I see this on the PIX:

Built inbound TCP connection 23988 for inside:192.168.1.110/59292 (192.168.1.110/59292) to identity:78.XX.XXX.XXX/443 (78.XX.XXX.XXX/443)

Teardown TCP connection 23988 for inside:192.168.1.110/59292 to identity:78.XX.XXX.XXX/443 duration 0:00:00 bytes 266 TCP Reset-I

Any suggestions?

5 Replies 5

you can try if you can successfully tracer route to external IP or external DNS name of your server from the same point you perform above test or from your inside network.

if your trace route is successful, then i think the cause may be asymmetrical connection passing PIX.

Hi,

It sounds like you have a DNS problem if you can't access the owa page from the inside using the external DNS name or external IP.

Consult the following guide on DNS doctoring:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00807968d1.shtml

Don't forget to rate posts that are helpful.

When doing a trace route using the ip or dns every hoop times out........

please ignore this.

I added forward dns to my internal dns server and all working now!

That would be correct.

You can't go through a pix to reach a service.  Not going to happen.  So if you confiugre a IP/port on "outside" you'll never be able to reach it comeing from the "Inside".

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card